Dr. Shop Teacher's - "Lil" Indian Model 600 - (Vintage Class)

Way to stick with it Pete, and congratulations. The bike looks great.
Congratulations Pete :thumbsup: You must be happy that it finally works right :thumbsup:
Thank you, gentlemen. I am taking my wife out to dinner to celebrate this feat. I probably now know more about two speeds than I ever wanted to know. :doah:

I do not know how the original two speed could have worked and lasted any length of time. The sprocket tooth counts AjaxMini sent me from his original set up are so far off the slop would have been terrible--any load and the chain would have popped off.

Maybe a video tomorrow to close this project out...and on to something bigger and more familiar!:laugh:

congratulations ,looks great .I like the duel exposed chains gives it the meat grinder look
Thank you, sir. Your bike is absolutely killer, too. [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] also made me a full cover that I still have to finish the bracket for. I like this original look and the full cover is color matched, so it oughta look good.

Great job!! I cannot tell you how I admire your perseverance! This is why it's taken me two years to finish a few bikes. The frustration makes me walk away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks and ppreciation to....

This build-off bike would not have been possible without assistance from... @nds1968 for the original disc caliper, dimensions for the clutch guard bracket and a gifted clutch cover @OND for a gifted clutch cover and words of encouragement @AJaxMini for the re-popped jackshaft plate, dimensions, literature and insight @Joe51 for literature and insight @markus for fabbing the kickstand to correct dimensions and testing for fit on one of his bikes @manchester1 for the incredible seat. Added: and, [MENTION=9664]cheezy1[/MENTION] who sent the right seat information to Manchester1.

I'm sure I missed a member or two...but thanks to all for adding comments and ideas when I stalled on the clutches and chains.

Special thanks to:

John Jewell Architectural Metals
ACS Powder Coating

Jim Donovan--Max-Torque for spending hours on the phone talking through the two-speed dilemma, shipping parts at no charge to test fit and then fabricating/modifying parts. Or, as they say, making chicken salad out of chicken...

Jim Kise--Black Widow Motorsports for selling me a radial bearing outside of their two-speed kit.

Last edited:
Great job!! I cannot tell you how I admire your perseverance! This is why it's taken me two years to finish a few bikes. The frustration makes me walk away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Chad. This one was a hard one. The adrenaline rush after getting this thing going just wiped this old fart out last night.:laugh:

If I would've taken on a 2 speed like that, I probably would've said "I'll do that some day when I'm not busy and wouldn't get it sorted out until after the deadline for the ride video.

That is very cool and a bike to be very proud of Pete! I'm glad I could help you out with it. I really hope you have it at Windber as I'd really love to see it in person. So very cool! Thank you for letting me help out on it.