Dragmini

Got a chance to do some work on my new project drag bike. Mocked up the clone motor which is stock but upgrade parts are on their way.Had the wheels for 10 years when I saw my first drag mini in Louisville KY when I was showing hot rods. Always wanted to build one. Too cold (45)to paint in the garage so may be awhile. Cheers.

The tank came from minichopperssocal.com and the bike is a Nitro44. I decided to re-position the motor plate to put the engine more in the center of the bike. The chain will be longer but I will rig up a tensioner for it. The rear tire is a Burris 11x810x6. It looks great but too wide for me to swing a sprocket so I am getting a narrower one. If I ever turned it into a trike I would get another big one to go with the one I have. Rick at minichopperssocal has a new prototype drag bike on his site and he is looking for input on what guys are looking for in a bike before he puts it into production.The bike is called a Pro Drag50--check it out.

rmm727

Rick at minichopperssocal has a new prototype drag bike on his site and he is looking for input on what guys are looking for in a bike before he puts it into production.The bike is called a Pro Drag50--check it out.
Got a link. I couldn't seem to find it on their site.

boat guy…..
nice build, I'm gonna throw this out there…….i would be a little concerned about the neck to frame set up. its simply a mig "butt weld":shrug: not the strongest way to weld up a neck. i sure wouldn't want to see any injuries caused by that:thumbsup: at least the frame should be notched then welded, not knocking ANYBODIES project or work, just observing:thumbsup:
mark

buckeye

Happy belated birthday. Glad to see ya still enjoying oje of the hobbies you love.:scooter:

Hope your day was full of Swedish Massage girls.:thumbsup:

Thanks Mark. Yes that concerns me a bit also. I have some other welding to get done and I think I will have my buddy cut,notch and tig weld it. I thank you for your input ad expertise in these matters--cheers Bill.