Drive / driven pulley question

myjunk

I'm not sure I'm in the right section, but I will ask the question anyway, please move it to the right section if need be. I am building a go kart out of left over pieces I have lying around. I am having a senior moment and want to be sure I have the pulleys going in the right direction before I weld in the brackets. Right now I just am mocking it up (that explains the broom handle for a shaft). I have enclosed a picture. Thanks for the help.

Which end is the front. Closer to where the camera is or away? If the motor spins clockwise. It looks like the second pic is right. But it looks like it is going to run towards the camera. It is hard to tell from the pic but you might be riding it in reverse.... Show a better pic of which end is the front.

Last edited:

myjunk

Sorry about the poor picture, ill get a better one tomorrow. I took the picture standing at the rear of the frame.
Which end is the front. Closer to where the camera is or away? If the motor spins clockwise. It looks like the second pic is right. But it looks like it is going to run towards the camera. It is hard to tell from the pic but you might be riding it in reverse.... Show a better pic of which end is the front.

Engine turns clockwise, so clutch turns counterclockwise. Your chain sprocket turns CCW looking from the left. Looking from the left your tires need to go CCW to move the cart forwards.

Engine turns clockwise, so clutch turns counterclockwise. Your chain sprocket turns CCW looking from the left. Looking from the left your tires need to go CCW to move the cart forwards.
The clutch is going to turn the same direction as the motor. . Our Predators turn counterclockwise and you have your motor set up the same way as us.You would have to turn your motor so the shaft was on the right side looking at it from the back if you want to go forward.

Last edited: