Dumb Newbie Questions.

Littlebear

1. I have found some bearing #s, are they press fit in the rims?
2.how do you determine what size brakes are on these things?
Thank you all.
Your question is quite vague. Add some info on what bike you are working on or a photo. I'm sure everyone will be happy to help you.

From my research, Delteck/Deckson made in Taiwan, sold in America as ? Maybe a Scat Cat.
The drum on this is the wheel, maybe someone ditched the drum itself?

markus

Those are usually the copies of the Honda brakes, as the wheel are copies of what they used on the cz100 and the QA50's. the Brakes cross fit most of the small cc bikes Honda was selling. They will usually show metric measurements, so if you do some searching for the Honda shoes try to verify/match to yours the width and dia, sometimes you can find a diagram how they are measuring.

Use a punch (or screwdriver) to get the bearings out. Put it through one side of the hole for the axle against the inside of the bearing on the other side. Use a hammer to punch it out. It may come out easily or be a nightmare. I had both happen on a set of DB30 wheels I bought recently. We were hitting them hard enough we ruined the screwdriver as well (deformed the end). If you have a stubborn one, use a tool you don't care about.

For putting them back in use a piece of wood or a socket that matches the OD of the bearing to tap it back in. I do like doing both on something a bit more solid that a 5 gallon bucket.

This video explains it.