Dumpster Bird

I had a little time today to do some work on my bird.
The frame was cracked at the rear of the motor plate and was welded before also somebody scalloped the tubing pretty bad when they cut off the friction brake tabs on both sides.So I hate hacked up stuff so I cut out the lower frame rails and put in 2 pieces of .058 c/m tubing.

There is no way i'm mounting the flat plate to these new pieces so I need to come up with a indirect type of mount,maybe weld angle to the rails then bolt the plate?

Any suggestions? :shrug:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Clamp the plate to the frame in the correct position, then flip the frame upside down and weld some one inch strap cut the same length as the motor plate vertically under the plate, and then weld the straps to the frame along the length of the tubes. See my motor plate installed in my pics of my Baja.

Thanks for the advice neck :thumbsup:

I made the new mount today,I made it bolt on that way if I changed something I would not have to weld on the frame again.

My next project is to replace the wheel,hub,sprocket.
I guess this mini had a friction brake and it is all gone now so i need to get a brake set up.
I have 5 1/2 inches between the frame for the tire,hub,sprocket and brake setup.

Could somebody direct me to the correct parts I need(part #'s sizes?)
I will be running a 4.10/3.50-6 rear tire with a 5/8 axle and like i said 5 1/2 inches to work with.

Check out how worn out the sprocket was...
and no it isn't a brake rotor lololol.

71dodge

wow your a really good welder. and get a clutch brake there simple easy and dont require any mods to the frame or rims. and if thats your sprocket i dont think you will go very fast :lol:

wow your a really good welder. and get a clutch brake there simple easy and dont require any mods to the frame or rims. and if thats your sprocket i dont think you will go very fast :lol:

Thanks for the complement. :thumbsup:

The clutch brake is a good idea,but i might be putting on a Comet Tav down the road so I think I will stick to an axle mounted brake.

Yea,the sprocket is toast.LOL

Thanks Neck.I like you're injected nitro engine too.I'm just not sure what kind of engine you have there.Is it a big block ford?