Dune cycle seat embossing

Steve73

My dune cycle seat is old, brittle and done. I’m Having a stamp made so I can imprint a new dune cycle seat. Due to its size it’s pricey but worth it I think. If I get this done is there anyone that has a seat cover that would want their seat cover done. Depending on the response I think this could be a win win for everyone. Small contribution to a great community here on the OldMiniBikes...:thumbsup:

After it’s made, ill upload pictures of my original seat cover compared to a new one with stamped back..

have a great day!

steve..

ps. If anyone has already done this please let me know for obvious reasons. :laugh:

Is this something you could stamp on a piece of material so Manchester1 could make new seat covers with it? My buddy has 4 or 5 Dunecycles that may be interested.

I have several seat covers in stock.
Hold up on the embossing tool, for a few days. I have also been working with a guy on making one up as well.
And I am supposed to be getting the price here shortly.
I have had lots people inquiring about it and I am also having the covers made for the small flat tracker seats.

Steve73

I have several seat covers in stock.
Hold up on the embossing tool, for a few days. I have also been working with a guy on making one up as well.
And I am supposed to be getting the price here shortly.
I have had lots people inquiring about it and I am also having the covers made for the small flat tracker seats.
i can hold off. I keep seeing seat covers made with no logo imprinting. Im not one to wait too long. Also I inquired about buying a seat cover, I never did get one. I still need to. My dune cycle had to be held off. Just now getting back to projects again. :blink:

I have no plans to have seat covers made as others already have that covered. Just trying to help complete our re pops.. I think my stamp would be 7 3/4” wide by 3” tall. I think that’s the measurements of the logo on my original seat cover...

Steve73

Is this something you could stamp on a piece of material so Manchester1 could make new seat covers with it? My buddy has 4 or 5 Dunecycles that may be interested.
yes gumpit that is exactly what it can be used for. :clap:

Last edited:
I've seen the videos. I thought with all the posting this was more of a weekend thing. Videos are one and two and more years ago. Looks like a fast track. Good stuff.

We raced last weekend. This weekend they didnt have races but Family Fun days where you can just ride around all day. Today was the Halloween costume day where you ride in costume. We have gotten a bit lax with the videos. The gopro to Youtube upload is a pain when you dont have a pc. I think it would be easier to use my cell phone and directly upload it. I will try to at least get more phone videos of us in the pits. The different trikes and motors and stuff. Maybe there is something else that we have that can be repopped.

I would be interested in buying a ready-to-go, stamped and sewn, seat cover. Provided I ever find the motivation to start into the Dunecycle just sitting on the side yard. :thumbsup:

Also, I think it's okay if there's more than one person making these seat covers...better that way actually. IMO

Last edited:

Steve73

I have the springer. What ever cover came on that with the imprint on it is what Im trying to replicate. My seat bucket is the same one you have in picture 2.

Last edited:
I finally got a answer from the guy who was going to make the iron/press for the logo.
He wants $1000.00, I unfortunately don't see selling enough of my covers to take that gamble, I thought of embroidering some. but that isn't cheap either. And not stock, for those that are actually doing a legit resto. I have just ordered another ten from my guy. As I just sold one to another forum member today. I am working on making the other styled ones as well. I have both my seats off mine to make the patterns.
I am talking with a machinist friend of mine to see if he could CNC one, as I have a old shirt press that I may be able to use.
I will try to keep you all informed.

Steve73

That's expensive for a stamp. My source is kinda reasonable, thank you arielsq for letting us all know. Like I said I ain't making seat covers so I'll have to order a cover from someone at one point sooner rather than later.

I'll let yall know if I take the plunge for a stamp to imprint my seat cover when I get one...

Yea I thought it was a bit high myself. in-fact I thought it was a bit ridiculous.
But I am waiting to see what comes out of the other source. I will keep all informed.