Dune cycle seat embossing

Received my Dune cycle seat cover and it is awesome. The foam is attached and it has the string.:laugh: I could not of done better myself. I'm leaving these covers to [MENTION=13049]Arielsq[/MENTION] . Thanks again Scott.

Steve73

Dune cycle Embossing die coming soon... having drawings made up and will be available for approval in the next couple of days or so...:thumbsup:

Arielsq gonna need one of your seat covers!

Last edited:

Steve73

Process update

Just a little update on the creation process so far...

So I cleaned my old seat cover and took a picture.

seat logo was then redrawn on top of the picture...

Logo gets 3d printed into a workable model and tested into leather in order to see what final imprint will hopefully look like.

Note: Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that any logo you see for Dune cycle in print ads always has a spoked front wheel, yet I've never seen a dune cycle with one? They all have solid front wheels...:confused:

One of the proto types had a spoke wheel. It didn't handle well. They never had a production model with one.
embossing looks good. I am still trying to locate the material with the large opening for logo.
The only solution at this point id to have a piece embossed then sewn in. And as usua
l that is going to cost more to produce.

Attachments

Last edited:
One of the proto types had a spoke wheel. It didn't handle well. They never had a production model with one.
embossing looks good. I am still trying to locate the material with the large opening for logo.
The only solution at this point id to have a piece embossed then sewn in. And as usual that is going to cost more to produce.
That would be your best bet for the plain piece of vinyl.

Steve73

I searched high and low for pleated vinyl with the space for logo and it’s gotta be out there. I’m committed to figuring out the mystery. :detective: Where there’s a will, there’s a way....

Last edited:
I as well! Good luck I have been looking for ten years I believe DuneCycle had it made as the pleats are melted/embossed in and not sewn.
What material did you make the tool out of?

Steve73

Source found!

I as well! Good luck I have been looking for ten years I believe DuneCycle had it made as the pleats are melted/embossed in and not sewn.
What material did you make the tool out of?
The model is 3d printed so any changes can be done easily and fast. It took just about an hour after work yesterday and I have sourced a place here in the usa, that can produce the seat back vinyl for me with the space in the middle for the logo. I will be calling and talking to the owner on the phone today and discussing the project details. They can do small runs. And yes the vinyl was heat pressed not sewn.

Below is the test imprint in leather I placed on my seat for size comparison. The test imprint is the exact same size as the original even tho it looks slightly larger in the pic.

Have a wonderful day and I will keep yall posted on the progress!

Last edited:
Source found!

The model is 3d printed so any changes can be done easily and fast. It took just about an hour after work yesterday and I have sourced a place here in the usa, that can produce the seat back vinyl for me with the space in the middle for the logo. I will be calling and talking to the owner on the phone today and discussing the project details. They can do small runs. And yes the vinyl was heat pressed not sewn.

Below is the test imprint in leather I placed on my seat for size comparison. The test imprint is the exact same size as the original even tho it looks slightly larger in the pic.

Have a wonderful day and I will keep yall posted on the progress!
Hello Ariel. Anything new on the seat covers. We are getting close to getting our Mojave 500E ready to run and trying to track down a few last things. Thanks, Eric