Dune cycle with foot pedals?

I have never seen any with factory foot pedals. But I have seen plenty of trikes that have had them added... Look and see how they are attached.Usually the welds tell the story. Go Pats....

Steve73

The foot pedal connected to 2 wires that routed back to each band brake on either side of axle.. yeah undoing this mess will be easy. The floor was all welded in place. Whatever...

Dunecycle never produced a model with floor boards or pedals. This would have had a 8hp briggs. or a 5hp briggs, with a seat mounted fuel tank.

Steve73

The guy I got it from told me it was the springer model. And from the looks of the seat it doesn't appear to ever have any gas tank attached to the back of it...

It is the springer model. 5hp didn't have a seat tank, sorry got my 5 and 8 crossed in last post. Should have brake on each side,
cant tell might just be photo but the front frame looks twisted. Or is it sitting funny? The original seat mount tanks are ridiculously expensive and hard to find. The vintage go-kart guys have snapped them up.

I have bought 2 Tri-Sports of the RTS small frame and one came with a 5 HP Briggs yet it still had the seat back tank so I removed it and sold it on E-bay and got good money for it. The second Trike came from Indiana off E-Bay and my trucker friend picked it up but they forgot the tank so I had the seller send it to me but the fill port was damaged so I scrapped it. I don't remember when Dune Cycle started selling their springer models and I never raced against any of them but I think they were some in the 1974 Barstow To Vegas race but with over 3,000 entry's and a start line a mile long I never saw any of them.
Steve

This is the one I shipped back east wish I still had it back LOL

Steve is right 1974 was the first year. Dunecycle was in the Barstow race in 73 with the 101 Mac's and my dad ran the model with the JLO single. in 73 and 74.

Randy: You never should have let that project get away, just one ride would have made you go WOW and enjoyed the power that machine would produce.
I road my TS290 in 1973 Barstow To Vegas and my RTS 440 in the 1974 race and the excitement of being in the race was electrical energy until I broke down LOL
Steve

Steve73

Dune cycle build starts now...

Well looks like the fun is about to begin. Stay tuned for dune cycle imagery coming soon. Lol... I do have the original dune cycle seat cover with all foam padding still glued to the cover. The material feels like plastic and breaks at the slightest press of a finger. Aged for sure, the good news is everything rolls and moves freely and smoothly.

A JLO single will make that trike come alive ! If and when you get that far I have 3 or 4 sitting ready to go from 235cc ~295cc
That's gonna be a beauty when you finish it

Steve73

We4amigos that's very awesome I'm interested for sure. Dune cycle came without power, deal was sealed when he thru in a 250cc motor from a Honda oddesey. Fabricating motor mounts is easy, we will see. Oh did I mention this cl find was less than 5 min away! Life is good. Lol