Duramax Clone Crank Compatibility

DaddyJohn

I recently acquired what appears to be a running 7hp Duramax Honda clone engine. It was part of a deal, otherwise I probably would have passed.

It has a shortish threaded PTO stub that would be difficult, if not impossible to attach a clutch to (any ideas?)

That being the case, is it possible to buy a proper crank? Is it compatible with other clone brands?

Will try to get a couple pics up this afternoon.

DaddyJohn

I think the shaft is 3/4, so you wouldn't be able to slide anything over the outside of it.

I'm hoping if a standard clone crank fits, I can get one for cheap and have a better set-up than if I tried to adapt anything to it.
https://www.arcracing.com/dj-1275-clone-196cc-gx200-stock-crankshaft/

Wondering if this engine is a GX160 or GX200 clone...

Considering the low cost of a new Predator, I may be best off selling it to someone who wants it as is, but would still like to investigate...

Measure your stroke, and the ID of your crank bearings, it may be the same as a predator 212 crank, or a 196clone crank. If it measures the same as the clone, I recommend the tillotson Max stroke crank. They are cheap, and tough as nails

DaddyJohn

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to tear it down and investigate.
Being that the engine doesn't seem common enough for the answer to my question to be widely available... :(

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to tear it down and investigate.
Being that the engine doesn't seem common enough for the answer to my question to be widely available... :(
I did a bit of research, and it seems the duromax is a Honda clone 196cc. That means a GX200, or clone crankshaft will work. At $35 the tillotson Max stroke crank can't be beat.