Duster Clutch

Does anybody have/know where I can get a Duster 94c 1 inch bore clutch? What snowmobiles were they on? I have a 10hp engine and need a clutch for it. I have the Duster 94c tapered shaft (it's brand new in box) but obviously it wont fit on the engine. Any ideas?

I would go with the Comet 40 or 44 series clutch for the 1 inch shaft they are easy to find it is the 3/4 inch size of that series that is harder to find.
The 44C series is very tune able with an infinite ability to set engagement rpm of the drive clutch and the shifting of the driven section and two sizes are available there. the 7/8 inch belt will hold your 10 HP engines torque in control and reduce slippage. They are not cheap but they are on ebay all the time . I am using a 40 series on a 6.5 HP engine on my trike project that will used off road and I want the bigger belt and increased reliability.
Steve :scooter:

As far as engagement speed for a 4 stroke I would shoot for about 1600 rpm to bring the engine into the power band . Both comet clutches have that capability Steve

on the 40 and 44 series both are symmetrical and that goes for the smaller 20 series only the 30 series are asymmetrical and have the one side that is flat and that side is always toward the fixed side of the clutch . Steve

KB2ROCKET

the 94c duster is the clutch I plan on using on my 30hp tractor minibike just google ( 94c ) lots of places sell them I even found a place that sells the drive and driven pulleys and the belt as a package but they are not cheap but they will handle the power

oldsledz

the 94c duster uses a 1 3/16 wide belt and thats a pretty common size with older snowmobiles. The angle should be the same as a lot of sleds use the 94c.

I was running out of answers to help you and so I went off and found on line what I have somewhere in a book but can't find right now Look up
Hoffco Comet Inc. - A Tenax Company: Tillers, Lawn Mowers, Earth Augers, Clutches, Torque Converters, Differentials and Industrial Cab Enclosures and it will give you what you need to know and my advise is with most snow mobile drive systems they use a much wider belt like 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch wide and you do not need to go that heavy for a mini bike and all the snowmobile parts and for moving off a lot of weight and overcoming a lot of friction. That is why the 44 series is the best and the most tunable drive clutch . You can buy the clutch from American Power Sports - Karting Parts & Accessories I have been buying from them for over 12 years and hey have made only one mistake but are real workable.
I hope this helps you Steve :scooter:

I just want to add to what I have said, if you want to replace a torque converter system you must remember that if your old system was asymmetrical then a symmetrical system will not swap out on symmetrical systems the non-movable pulley faces must be opposite each other. That puts the movable faces of the two clutches to where they work together as the drive pulley forces the belt higher in the v then the driven clutch is forced to open and allow the belt to reduce the diameter of the spinning belt. And as the torque load on the rear wheel increases the torque load is sensed by the drive clutch and it automatically changes to ratio the maintain engine rpm and up the hill you go LOL School is now over. Steve