Dyno Cams 255 OHV pics (HS40)

at some point i'll add this to my own build thread but, an ways here it goes.

^Stock cam HS40.^

^Stock cam HS40.^

^Dyno 255 left, Stock HS40 cam right. The spiraling grooves on this particular HS40 cam are the giveaway.

^Dyno 255 left, Stock HS40 cam right.^

^Stock HS40 cam left, Dyno 255 right.^

^Stock HS40 cam, not the gap on the end of the cam to the very edge of the side cover.

^Stock HS40 cam, note the timing mark.^

^Stock HS40 cam, note the timing mark.^

^Stock HS40 came note the distance from the edge of the gears to the edge of the case.

^Dyno 255 cam, note the distance form the edge of the gear to edge of the case.

^Dyno 255 cam, note the timing mark.^

^Dyno 255 cam, not the gap on the end of the cam to the very edge of the side cover.

^Dyno 255 cam left, Stock HS40 cam right.^

^Dyno 255 cam FULLY seated.

For an OHV cam sure looks like it fits an HS40 really well.

Yea this is great i'am getting ready to open up my HS50 Powell motor and install a ARC rod , I would like to hear how it runs with this cam .

That's neat...run it and post the results. I am sure many people will be watching for them.
That won't happen for sometime, all of the internals will be sent out for balancing. i have yet to get the billet rod from OldMiniBikes and better springs and retainer kit, also i will be working on an economical LIGHTED Rupp style flywheel that can take high RPM. (if possible) I still need to find other odds and end like a fly wheel key.

for now she has to sit. :(

fistfullabar

ole4 got one.He can slap his together real quick. Cdouble jj you been working on this hs40 for a min. Its gonna be a superstar motor:thumbsup: Keep going!

I am building a hs50 as we speak. Need to replace valve guides and fit a .010 over piston. I bought both the 245 and the 255. don't know which one I will use yet. I should have them test fitted and degreed within the next 2 weeks. Weather has been crappy so It limits my garage time.

I thought about it, but my one HS50 runner is complete and in the bike. I do have 3 other HS50s in various condition.

Does this even fit a HS50? Eh. :laugh:
Yes, they do. You will probably have to reset the valve lash, as the base circle is a little different, but that's no big deal.

Last edited:
ole4 got one.He can slap his together real quick. Cdouble jj you been working on this hs40 for a min. Its gonna be a superstar motor:thumbsup: Keep going!
Yeah after i got canned at my last job for no good reason. (Poor management) I finally have a job and income again.

I am building a hs50 as we speak. Need to replace valve guides and fit a .010 over piston. I bought both the 245 and the 255. don't know which one I will use yet. I should have them test fitted and degreed within the next 2 weeks. Weather has been crappy so It limits my garage time.
245 is toned 255, they are higher rpm range like 7k and more performance not un like the Isky grind. the 365 is radical you have to reinforce the guides. at least according Tec power he knows more than i do.

Our limiting factors here are fly wheels that won't explode. I'm gonna try and do something about that.

markus

I picked up a 245 a few weeks back when they were priced a little cheaper intended for an HS50, milder the better for me probably. Definitely keep us posted on setup etc.. I kept a UA19 Dell, BB crank and sidecover to use on a nearly new HS50 I have been hoarding for a few years. I dont know if the cam will be worth installing/setup or not for my application, not racing or anything so I may just be better off ridding the stock cam of the comp release and keeping it simple if all around driveability will suffer.

What you don't have a roof on your garage ? Two weeks is way to long to wait .

LOL 60 degress today then next arctic blast comes in tomorrow and mid 20's monday. I have to fix the valve guides so waiting on a briggs kit that has the 7mm tap and 7mm bolt to pull old guides. I plan on turning some goodson manganese bronze universal guides to fit it. Also the aluminum stones (16490) for the lisle 16000 series hones are discontinued so it took a lot of hunting to find a place that had a set. I hope they really have it and do not cancel my order. Before I can install cams and degree them and report back I need to finish the honing as I have the block mounted in my honing tank. (a plastic bucket with 2/4 wood jamming the block in place)

I picked up a 245 a few weeks back when they were priced a little cheaper intended for an HS50, milder the better for me probably. Definitely keep us posted on setup etc.. I kept a UA19 Dell, BB crank and sidecover to use on a nearly new HS50 I have been hoarding for a few years. I dont know if the cam will be worth installing/setup or not for my application, not racing or anything so I may just be better off ridding the stock cam of the comp release and keeping it simple if all around driveability will suffer.
BB crank? what do we known of cross compatible cranks for adding stroke now?

I opened up my HS40 and it has a larger base cercal on the intake lobe? One lifter is longer than the other... thinking if I use both long lifter it might work any thoughts?

can any explain to me what a base circle is? are the lifters longer than one another? mine fits right in once the cams non lobed side was facing the lifters.