E mini bike. Controller problems.

Alright so I figured it out, the controller is high tech, and the wires I hooked it to were for a wireless scooter remote, i retired it to the place for a normal throttle and now the voltage is correct and the motor will rev.
however I now run into another problem, it doesn’t rev like it should, kinda like it was with the old motor, like two phases are fighting each other, not sure how to test that. But the motor slowly turns forwards but shakes while doing it, maybe I should enroll in electrical engineering :D

So here’s some photos, you can see the three main phase wires connected to their respective colors. And the hall wires to theirs, however I switch them around (the hall wires) it doesn’t change the ouitcome, and if I unplug them and run sensorless, it still doesn’t work.

Ok I tried a 48 volt battery and it’s definitely not a voltage issue, the noise was just louder with more voltage. I’m gonna upload a video

I74

Nathan,, I hate to tell you,, but always tell it like it is...

That is a frigg'n rats nest, & you are just ask'n for it,, especially with those exposed wire strands ect. !!

I also can't hardly tell the lay out of anything either.

Didn't the small multi wires originally have like multiwire plug ends ??

Nathan,, I hate to tell you,, but always tell it like it is...

That is a frigg'n rats nest, & you are just ask'n for it,, especially with those exposed wire strands ect. !!

I also can't hardly tell the lay out of anything either.

Didn't the small multi wires originally have like multiwire plug ends ??
Haha I’ll try to clean it up, I was just kinda mocking everything up till I figured it all oit.
Yes they did have multi plug ends, but my motor didn’t come with any.

River Rat Ron

Very neat thread. I’m anal about wiring, had an anxiety attack just now. :D

Couple things on that battery, unless things have changed, been a few years

Storage charge very detrimental to its life, don’t leave it fully charged or drain it completely.

A cell balancer is very important. Battery chargers are suppose to balance yet I’ve found
That wasnt often the case.
A higher voltage cell will get hotter than the rest under a load.
That battery you have …holy cow, it puffs and catches fire that thing would be scary

I’ve shot holes in old 6s batteries and it’s pretty amazing to see. People have burned down their houses, cars etc…
It’s a very real concern. If you already know this forgive me.

Look forward to how it performs . Electric motors are torque monsters

Last edited:
Anyone seen the electric drag bike run? Watched a video of on yahoo (I think) its hitting 200mph in the quarter mile!

So Nathan hang on when ya Goug'r Delbert! And for heavens sake clean that electric rats nest up you're scaring/scarring us Ol'Dudes here!

I74

Very neat thread. I’m anal about wiring, had an anxiety attack just now. :D

Couple things on that battery, unless things have changed, been a few years

Storage charge very detrimental to its life, don’t leave it fully charged or drain it completely.

A cell balancer is very important. Battery chargers are suppose to balance yet I’ve found
That wasnt often the case.
A higher voltage cell will get hotter than the rest under a load.
That battery you have …holy cow, it puffs and catches fire that thing would be scary

I’ve shot holes in old 6s batteries and it’s pretty amazing to see. People have burned down their houses, cars etc…
It’s a very real concern. If you already know this forgive me.

Look forward to how it performs . Electric motors are torque monsters

Most multicell 18650- 21700 packs have BMS circuitry in them Ron,, that board takes care of all the balancing, polarity protection, ect. ect. ,, & some even have temp sensors, & a bit of re -gen function,, like the ''very elaborate'' one on ''post 24''. ;)

I

River Rat Ron

@174 appreciate the info. I figured the technology had caught up since my Phantom 4 battery didn’t require the attention that my old lipos did. Shit old age is creeping up on me what was a year ago was actually 10.