early 70's mini bike need some help and advice

Hey everyone this is my first time posting on here about a year ago I bought this mini bike from a guy on Craigslist. I went to go look at it for the motor to put on a go kart project I have however I started to like the mini bike when I saw it and it had a cool story so i decided not to take the motor from it. The guy I bought it from lived next door from the original owner who bought it new in the early 70's about 5 years ago they decided to sell it and so they sold it to their neighbor who had a bunch of atv projects (still had around 20-25 when I got there) so needless to say he hadn't touched it it sat out in his backyard for 5 years or so. When I bought it it looked terrible it had been repainted several times showing blue red and black paint I brought it home and took literally everything off To start the restoration

Reply on a few more threads, after I think five posts, the system realizes you are a real user, and not spammer.

Then you can post pics.

Cool story btw, looking forward to seeing what you got..!

Last edited:

markus

Here is what your bike is Bird Zapper:

this info is thanks to the US mini bike museum and Dick Debuse, closest you can come on the brochure shots to your version

I had another version they sold through JC penney but based on the pretty much the same chassis, was called a digger (I guess they were trying to copy Trials bike styling of the time)

Last edited:

pomfish

I have one of those rare front wheels with the fake spokes, actually I think It is the whole fork assembly now looking at those pictures.
Mine looks like the shorter springs and handlebars all one piece like in the first picture you posted.
It is purple paint, looks factory. Got it with a bunch of other mini parts years ago.

Later,
Keith

Ok so after many attempts I still can't get pictures to load to the thread however I did get them to upload to my profile I don't know if y'all can see them or not so just let me know if that works and and info you can give me on the mini bike

They finally posted and thanks for the info that's very helpful since those pictures were taken I did do all the maintenance on the mini bike and fixed the seat do y'all know about how much it would be worth?

Why didn't you fix the high speed forks ? If I was going to keep it and ride it...that would have been the first thing I would have done. I'm afraid you probably just killed any good selling price.:laugh:

pomfish

Your bike is worth $10 American.

New rule, From now on anyone coming here to ask prices, the value is $10.
That will fix this crap.