Early Bonanza that my Grandpa bought for us when we were kids.

I am new to the Form. I recently started rebuilding the Bonanza BC1000 minibike that my Grandpa bought for "the Grand kids" in the early 1960s. Which I am the oldest. The Badge number is 3438. I think that it is a BC1000.

Bonanza 01.jpg

Bonanza BC1000.jpg

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. I'd agree it like an 1100 unless very early model had some differences

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

That looks to be a very early bike with those lower fork springs. Are the back axle adjusters eye bolts or short pieces of tubing welded to a stud?

Anyway welcome and good luck with the restoration. Do you have any pics of the bike from "back in the day" when you were kids ?

BC1100 differences

That looks to be a very early bike with those lower fork springs. Are the back axle adjusters eye bolts or short pieces of tubing welded to a stud?

Anyway welcome and good luck with the restoration. Do you have any pics of the bike from "back in the day" when you were kids ?
It could be a BD1100 but the front springs and the name badge are different. It does have the back axle adjusters with the tubing and a welded studs.

Bonanza Rear Axle.jpg

Here it is!

20150701_193327.jpg 20150701_193355.jpg 20150701_193420.jpg

It has been a lot of work but here it is, the almost finished Bonanza. I would like to fine a Fiberglass Front Fender, but it is fun to ride just how it is.

markus

looks good :thumbsup: that late model powerplant has some great looking little mods going on too, great idea's! Keep an eye out for an NOS Tecumseh air cleaner element, the older ones had the Indian head pressed into the closed off side, be really neat on yours as you would see it :thumbsup: