EBAY issues????

I auctioned off an outboard motor on EBAY. The winning bidder won the auction 2 days ago this is the 3rd morning after the auction. No contact, no email nor any payment from the buyer. I realize its the Holiday Memorial weekend. How long is reasonable to expect arrangements or some sort of contact from the buyer. I guess I'm anxious for a game plan or a pick up. :shrug:

On a normal weekend I would think a few days would be reasonable but this being what it is, I would give him/her till the middle of next week. That's what I would do.

Also depends when his last bid was. If it was right at the end..then there is no reason he shouldnt contact you within 3 days at least. If he bid days before the end of the auction..you might wanna send a reminder cause he might be out of town.:shrug:

i give 7 days if i dont get a email from them i open a case on them and let ebay Handel it . you really cant force them to pay i have had 2 non pay :thumbsup:

what's the buyers feedback score.....that is a pretty good indicator (but not always) if he's a flake or not.....
He's got 100% feedback, I'm really hoping I'm just being to anxious. I"ll wait and see. Everything I have ever purchased I immediately paid after the auction was over. Its probably just my patience being on hyper mode

45t

I usually give a week. I try to contact them towards the end of the week to see if they are going to pay. If no answer & no pay, then let ebay handle it.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Did you state in your auction how long the buyer had to make payment? I have seen sellers include this in their add, some often say 24 hours to make payment!

I always state buyer must pay for within 3 days of auction. If you didn't state anything but are concerned. You can contact the buyer and just ask. Or send a seperate invoice through paypal directly.

Did you state in your auction how long the buyer had to make payment? I have seen sellers include this in their add, some often say 24 hours to make payment!
No I didn't mention a payment date. This is the first time I have sold something on EBAY. I have purchased a lot ofd stuff and just figured the buyers stay on top of it like I do. I am not worrying yet just wondering, Thanks everyone for there thoughts. I sent an invoice from EBAY and I emailed the buyer for a pick up arrangement..I"ll let this go till mid week and go from there, Walt

This is the first time I have sold something on EBAY.
Welcome to HELL.. :devil2:

I used to give people a week to pay.. Sometimes a little longer if need be and they made mention ahead of time... SOME times you'll get some new guy that doesn't follw through.. BUT, for the most part the (people) ON Evilbay aren't usually too bad.. It's Evilbay itself that you're going to learn to loath.. :laugh:

I've sold close to 9,000 items on Ebay and state I want payment within 3 days. That really doesn't mean shit and I open a dispute if I don't have payment within 7 days (you can do that after 4). I've found that people either pay quick then or don't at all. If the person contacts me and asks for more time I'm fine with that and will work to accommodate them.

Most people either pay within 12 hours or wait 3-5 days in my experience. Definitely send an invoice if you haven't done that yet.

Well now, the auction was over on May 25th. I notified the winning bidder and told him I'd deliver it to a convenient to both location. He lives 50 miles away. He's so far been out of town, will contact me for a hook up, and then told me to call a number when I received the email from ebay. I have called 15-20 times and have left 4 voicemail messages from my home phone and cell phone giving him my numbers to call. No response. I feel like I'm being a pain in his a$$. To avoid the resolution center I want to relist it again and re auction it again, today is the 5th, its been 11 days. I don't think I wanna deal with ebay complaints arrangement. Any suggestions????Please??? Walt

the ebay resolution thing is easy. just put in the auction # and say he didnt pay. in a certain amount of days if he doesnt pay you get your listing fees back and can relist it. Dont stress out over non paying bidders iv had alot of them the last few monts for some reason.

125ccCrazy

Well now, the auction was over on May 25th. I notified the winning bidder and told him I'd deliver it to a convenient to both location. He lives 50 miles away. He's so far been out of town, will contact me for a hook up, and then told me to call a number when I received the email from ebay. I have called 15-20 times and have left 4 voicemail messages from my home phone and cell phone giving him my numbers to call. No response. I feel like I'm being a pain in his a$$. To avoid the resolution center I want to relist it again and re auction it again, today is the 5th, its been 11 days. I don't think I wanna deal with ebay complaints arrangement. Any suggestions????Please??? Walt
I'd relist it, you have given this guy plenty of time, it's more than likely he is gonna flake and since you can't leave him negative feedback he has nothing to loose unlike a few years ago when you could leave neg feedback for non payment...

If you list it with "Buy it Now" set it up so the buyer has to pay immediately or they can't buy it...

Thanks for the suggestions, just to be decent about this I'll again wait till the weekend so he has had 2 weeks to make some sort of arrangement. I know it won't happen but at least I know I tried. I'll just relist it and put a buy it now price on it, its a outboard motor I no longer need. It had 15 bids or so before it closed out...Walt

MikeBear

I wouldn't wait a single minute longer. If he was going to pay, he would have paid by now. This can happen frequently on Ebay. You can block him from any future bids. Just file a non-paying bidder claim, and re-auction it.

Or sell to the second highest bidder as has already been suggested.