ebrake/parking brake

kayde

Hey guys,

My super bronc and my terrain cycle both have a band brakes and they will both stay that way.

Few times in the past it wouldve been nice to have a parking/ebrake.

I found a vintage looking locking brake lever for the bronc but havent put it on yet.

I looked for a while to find two vintage looking locking levers at a reasonable price for the trike but came up short or way outa my price range.
It has half plastic levers on it now which i feel are kinda unsafe since one is broken already.

Has anyone here set up their levers or a cabled band brake system
Too lock up like a ebrake/parking brake system?

Im a stickler for keeping my junk as original or oe as possible so the less i stray from the original systems the better.

kayde

Hey guys,

My super bronc and my terrain cycle both have a band brakes and they will both stay that way.

Few times in the past it wouldve been nice to have a parking/ebrake.

I found a vintage looking locking brake lever for the bronc but havent put it on yet.

I looked for a while to find two vintage looking locking levers at a reasonable price for the trike but came up short or way outa my price range.
It has half plastic levers on it now which i feel are kinda unsafe since one is broken already.

Has anyone here set up their levers or a cabled band brake system
Too lock up like a ebrake/parking brake system?

Im a stickler for keeping my junk as original or oe as possible so the less i stray from the original systems the better.
Oh and a big problem i found when looking for locking levers is i need them for 1" bars.

markus

swapmeetman on ebay had some 1" awhile back, looks like all he has listed now it 7/8" with a more modern look. Might be worth a shot to email him though he has and comes up with a lot of nos parts and might have a source for them. The ebay link will kick you to the current one available but you can still get to the original listing in the upper part of the page.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...or-the-downs-brothers-3d-clutch-maybe.150605/

kayde

Much appreciated marcus.
Matter of fact thats almost the same lever i found in a box at a flea market that will make it onto my bronc eventually.

That more recent style is about what i could find too, i looked around for quite a while for cherry or doherty locking levers and just got frustrated so i ordered the standard style of them from, you guessed it ...swapmeet man.

I was thinkin on a drilled hole with a spring loaded stud it them.
I just wanted to see if anyone else had accomplished any ideas on this matter.