El Burro

Pick this up today. What would be an approximate value of one of these? Don't wanna sell it just wanna know how good of a deal I got.

Seems to be all there. It's got a fuel leak somewhere and the front fender has a Crack that needs to be welded. The jack shaft seems to be fabricated by a previous owner but they did also fab a cover for it too. It also came with a tow hitch system that was made for it. The throttlecable has been pulled out of the housing. The tires are holding air. The seat is in good condition but doesn't have any hard for attaching it to the frame.

Where do I start?
View attachment 20170114_114608.jpg
View attachment 20170114_114602.jpg

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
We do not give Value estimates on the Forum what so ever, as per the rules.

Its is worth what you paid Or what you are willing to let it go for. Simple as that.

El Burros are a Great big bike, reasonably well built and a great trail bike, (if you like to ride trails) They are rather hard to find a complete unmolested one, however there seem to be a lot of orphan frames in various states of disrepair available here in Michigan (where they were built).. Parts can found.. The Body parts usually require a purchase of a orphan frame.. And ebay is a good source.. your biggest challenge is the tires and chain guard, an original chain guard just sold on ebay north of a 100.00... and if you find a set of original wheels and tires (Uniroyal) you have found Bigfoot, they are that rare! Seats, graphics, and fiberglass part repops can be found here on the forum created by various members... Good Luck and have fun with your new hobby!!

Sprocket86

You Michigan folks have such a good selection of used vintage mini bikes and karts for sale. SW Ontario has decent pickings but they get scooped up quick. I'm heading to an antique/auto swap meet today, you never know what I might stumble accross.

Sprocket86

Awesome find and lucky you! I dig the Ford F100/150? with the weathered original "Explorer" package decal. Quite rare in the rust belt!

jeep4me

Awesome find and lucky you! I dig the Ford F100/150? with the weathered original "Explorer" package decal. Quite rare in the rust belt!
Hey thanks!!
Not really sure how rare my truck is, but I love it!
1983 Ford F100, Explorer package, 4.9l straight 6, 300. 3-on-the-tree manual trans. Just turned over 100,000 original miles.
Came down from the Soo in Michigan's UP.
Only driven in the summer, parked in the barn during the winters.
I've owned it for 1 1/2 years, probably the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

Attachments

Hey thanks!!
Not really sure how rare my truck is, but I love it!
1983 Ford F100, Explorer package, 4.9l straight 6, 300. 3-on-the-tree manual trans. Just turned over 100,000 original miles.
Came down from the Soo in Michigan's UP.
Only driven in the summer, parked in the barn during the winters.
I've owned it for 1 1/2 years, probably the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.
That's a rare truck indeed! and I like that it's an F100 vs F150. That alone makes it more rare. Couple that with the Explorer package and 3 speed manual trans on the column, that's a tough thing to come buy. Most were work service vehicles and farm trucks.

I'd oil undercoat the crap outta it or watch it rot away if you winter drive and expose it to road salt.