El Tigre but what forks are these?

They obviously dont belong and I confirmed they are not chrome under the paint. So im going to look for the correct ones and sell these. Anyone know what they are though? Open ended axle mounts should limit it a lot, no?

I can't tell for sure Brian but they remind me of late model Cheeftah. Here is a picture that looks comparable.

photo-1.jpg

DSC05432-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Here I was looking at Stellars..lol Couldn't find the right pic. Those should be 1" bars then and not 7/8"
Since Stellars share some heritage with Cheeftah, it's still entirely possible they are. They just reminded me of a set of Cheeftah bars I have. I still can't find a good enough close up to confirm the open drop outs though.

I think I remember a Stellar with those cutout forks. I remember seeing little clips that fit into holes on the forks like on a bicycle.

I don't have a pic though. And I'm old and might be totally off, so don't hold me to it. Lol!!

Awesome job Ajax! Open ended forks seem a little dangerous to me.

Last edited:
Bingo! You've done it again, my good man. I don't think they are Stellar as I've not see them open on any of mine. Still doesn't mean some don't but if the fork plate is original, there is no engraved lettering on it, like Stellar has.
Those are actual "drop outs". I would have to change that if it were mine.