El tigre forks and bars?

Looking for a set of forks and bars for a El tigre by bird manufacturing. They are the ones that have the springs just under the bottom triple tree bracket. They can be rusty or bent as I can reproduce them if I have to....

Nuuch

Cat,

Saw your post about the bars. I'm in need of the springs. Would you have any leads? I am sending my bike out to get rechromed and can't seem to find the right springs.

A friend of mine just got one of these bikes but guess what...springs missing and the lowers cobbled on. They're good enough for me to get some measurements to make a set but I'll have to guess on the springs unless some one here see's this thread and chimes in with some info...

A friend of mine just got one of these bikes but guess what...springs missing and the lowers cobbled on. They're good enough for me to get some measurements to make a set but I'll have to guess on the springs unless some one here see's this thread and chimes in with some info...
I had to just about completely re-fabricate the ones on mine a couple years ago , not too tough of a task !

Thanks Angelo, that helps a bunch...I imagine the 3.3 measurement is with the weight of the bike on it ?
No , relaxed , keep in mind I about completely made these so no way to know if that's original spec or not , I did use the original springs and cups and that's what looked right to me so that's how they got welded on ??

Having ordered springs before, (Powells) you also need the number of coils per the 3.3" length, as well as the diameter of the wire itself. The latter makes a huge difference on the compression numbers of the spring. For example, this is how "Century Spring" lists theirs. I was particular on what suspension I was looking for. (Or you can dig around hardware store bins and hope for the best) Coil Springs Manufacturer - Stock & Custom - MRO & OEM | Century Spring Corp.

O.D: 1.562
CENTURY STOCK NUMBER: 895
FREE LENGTH: 4
ID: 0.996
RATE: 497
SUGG. MAX. DEFL: 0.74
SUGG. MAX. LOAD: 367
SOLID LENGTH: 3.08
WIRE DIA: 0.283
TOTAL COILS: 11
MAT’L: HD
ENDS: CG
FINISH: Z
Cost: $16.82

Having ordered springs before, (Powells) you also need the number of coils per the 3.3" length, as well as the diameter of the wire itself. The latter makes a huge difference on the compression numbers of the spring. For example, this is how "Century Spring" lists theirs. I was particular on what suspension I was looking for. (Or you can dig around hardware store bins and hope for the best) Coil Springs Manufacturer - Stock & Custom - MRO & OEM | Century Spring Corp.

O.D: 1.562
CENTURY STOCK NUMBER: 895
FREE LENGTH: 4
ID: 0.996
RATE: 497
SUGG. MAX. DEFL: 0.74
SUGG. MAX. LOAD: 367
SOLID LENGTH: 3.08
WIRE DIA: 0.283
TOTAL COILS: 11
MAT’L: HD
ENDS: CG