Electric Micro Mini

I bought this tiny frame from a member here last year. I thought about tiny gas (OR for example) but the guy I bought it from mentioned he was going to do an electric bike with it, so that's what I did. I got a lot of information and advice from our friend Ian @I74 on here. He knows his stuff on the electric machines.

Frame looks to have been garage fabricated based loosely on a Frijole. Paint is "Volcano Red" (Volvo code) seat is held on by four threaded nut inserts, wheels I think are Razor. Rear sprocket is a ratchet set up, so off throttle it coasts. Axles and other fitments are new and metric. Motor is 24 Volt, 350 Watt unit rated at 2500 RPM. Two 24 V Panasonic LiOn Battery packs of 28 AH each sit in parallel in a white plastic electrical junction box I sourced from the UK. Throttle, power switch and switched brake from Monster Scooter, all connections soldered XT Connectors. Forgot where the computer and brake comes from, other than China. Chain guard was fabricated out of Tecumseh recoil shroud tin, and spliced together.

Top speed should be 20 MPH, but I get it up to about 15 before I blow the 20 a fuse. Theoretically I should be pulling closer to 50 amps off it, so I'll keep upgrading fuses, or sell it to one of those parents who don't mind putting their six year old on an electric death trap, and having them rip around the neighborhood at 20 MPH. It's pretty fun to ride, but my knees hit the bars, and when I get off, I have to check that the thing didn't get stuck where the sun don't shine.

1 Roller.jpg 2  Mock Up1.JPG 3 Batt Box Open.JPG 4 Volcano Red Paint.JPG EM1.JPG EM2.JPG EM3.JPG EM4.JPG EM5.JPG EM6.JPG EM7.JPG EM8.JPG

Attachments

Last edited: