Engine cuts out at high rpm, comes back and keeps revving

Different style/manufacturer metering jets will most likley cause some differences in the way the carb is tuned based in the demand from the engine. Given jet size/style from a different maker wont be the same as another therefore final tune up requirements as far as jet size wont be the same across the board. With that said there are several Chinese companys knocking these VM22's out these days and manufacturing quality from one to another will vary. There is alot going on behind the scenes of what we can visually see (Drilled holes and orfaces for fuel or air beyond the jets and needles). If machine quality from one Co. to another is is poor OR the original specs were different then the carbs wont perform the same or well even though they look the same. To be direct I think the quality control in manufacturing of some of the newer versions of the Chikuni is crap. Ole posted some great info as well above to check. I initially thought I had valve float by the way my motor sounded but turned out to not be the case.

Faolan

Well, I still don’t know why it went from 130 to 110 and to 125 jet sizes to run good, but I believe the issue is gone and it’s tuned perfectly! Thanks for the help guys! I don’t think it gets much better than this VVVV FB8459BA-9222-4EB2-93AB-61DA58B4A9C1.jpeg

Got a bigger rlv muffler than the mini rlv, hopefully it doesn’t hold the motor back any, with just the header it has no problem getting to 60mph very quick

Last edited: