Engine mod help

Hey everyone, I'm looking for advice/ experince or any knowledge out there about my situation. I am running a clone engine (champion 6.5hp) on my mini-bike and recently I added a 13hp karting carb with cone filter and extension tube. Is this addition going to mess my engine up at all if I leave everything else stock (minus the exhaust, there will be a header going on in the near future) I wil be racing the bike come this summer and I just want to make sure I don't need anything else before I run it hard. Like I said before any info would be greatly appreciated.

vette66_00

You can just bolt that carb up. But its going to run like :001_9898:. You will have to do a few mod's before that carb will preform anything like it should...

You will need a rod (as Strigoi said) so your not injured. Flywheel (another part so you don't hurt yourself), Springs, mild port work, set of jets for your carb (so you can tune it), header, Carb adapter (if you don't have one), pull all the crap off the motor you don't need (ie..internal gov, and oil sensor), and a few different heat range spark plugs. You may want to invest in a fuel pump also cause those bigger carbs can pull more than gravity can supply.

Gas or Alky?

I would like to run alcohol some day but I'm not sure it's gunna be worth the effort. The carb did bolt right up and the header is gunna be home made in due time. I did plan on losing the oil sensor and gov. any info on those subjects is appreciated too.

I did plan on losing the oil sensor and gov. any info on those subjects is appreciated too.
get a billet rod and 18lb springs. be sure to remove all the internal components of the governor as well. you can use 1/4-20 set screws to seal up the holes. they will self-tap in so be sure to clean any shavings out of the case. make sure the valve lash is properly set as well after installing the springs.

all you do for the low oil sensor is pull two bolts and cut the wire. it will have to be removed if you install a billet rod because of clearance issues.

rover, my bike will still destroy yours come race time so stop tinkering with kart parts :gunsmilie:

*** for anyone in the sarnia / lambton county area of ONTARIO next summer we'll be racing on a dirt flat track i'll post a thread once its up and running