Etek powered Azusa kit

NewAge

I am currently in the process of building a new "old school Azusa mini bike kit" for my son, it is powered by a Briggs and Stratton Etek motor with an Alltrax controller and 48 volts worth of 22ah batteries. The package will produce 14,400 watts at 300 amps or 19 horsepower, I have some pictures if anyone is interested.

NewAge

Steven, The Alltrax controller is fully programmable, it uses a windows interface that consists of several sliders which allows you the ability to adjust the performance attributes from "mild to wild" or anything in between.
The all up weight (minus rider) is approximately 140 lbs.
I will be posting several photos this weekend so stay tuned.
Until then, check out these web pages which sparked my interest in stuffing this package into the Azusa rolling chassis.
Electric Motorsport EV Parts
Electricross electric motocross motorcycle available at Electric Cyclery

NewAge

I have a couple of pictures, check um out

This thing kinda looks like a fighter jet, and it kinda sounds like one too.
The frame is stock except for the 12ga plate that is welded in place and runs along the entire top of the frame (and is the main support for the motor mount), that thing in front of the seat is the main power switch. The controller (blue) is fully programmable and is sitting on the battery box (4x12volt 22ah) and all linked with 6ga wire to deliver up to 300 amps with the twist of the throttle.

This picture shows how the motor mount is suspended under the seat and is protected by the aluminum number plates, also got me a big fatty tire to keep me hooked up.

I will be posting a bunch more pictures as the project continues, currently working on the converters that will power the 55watt x2 spider eye headlights and the maltese cross led tail light and maybe some neon treatment.
wuddayathink. :biggrin:

I'm digging it.Thinking about building an electric 3 wheeled car for commuting duty.Bout 15 miles round trip every day.No oil,coolant,filters,tune ups or expensive repairs to worry bout.Just state of charge.LOL