Everybody Please Read

buckeye

Clayton, take it easy on yourself.
You are getting more done at your age than I ever thought about.
I was too busy chasin the dragon and the tail.
Those who signed up knew the rules from the begining.
You move on and do what has to be done and don't worry avout hurting anyones feelings :thumbsup:

Well I have to admit I just read the rules again and I'm not sure if Team D&D is compliant or not....

Rules(same as last year)

Deadline for entry post February 1st 2013! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.

Good...posted our entry Jan 31st

5. Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Good..posted 2/27 and today 3/26...once a month and less than 30 days apart

Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!! No...:confused:

8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by February 1st 2013 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed.

Again good... posted 2/27 and today 3/26...once a month and less than 30 days apart

It seems to me a couple of these rules are in conflict or contradict each other....do you have to post once a month or every 30 days or by the 15th....if we posted on the 31 st and have 30 days to post again why do we have to post by the 15th...:confused:

Until a few minutes ago I was under the impression that we were good...now I'm not sure. In any event we're not looking to bend any rules...if we are operating outside the rules just let us know and we'll move it to the general build threads.

Itype2slo

Clay, Your doing a great Job. Its all about the fun and motivation. Not the valuable cash & prizes involved. Its been a really bitchin build off so far a lot of real cool builds so far. Lets see it through people:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

And Team D&D, don't worry about it, I think some of the rules may need to be revised for future build offs. :shrug: But I think what it means is you have to update your build once per month by the 15th, it is a bit confusing.

As for the builds, this isn't a feel guilty thing if you were late on updating, just try to update on time in the future. Bottom line is, if your build isn't deleted you are still in. :thumbsup:

old-timer

Scamming Member
For me personally this was never about winning or loosing a contest. It was about having fun building a bike from scratch with the rest of my friends here just to see how good I could do. I've had a ball building my bike, and can't wait to start another :thumbsup:

You've done a great job Clay !!!

Vic

Sorry guys, I messed up, plain and simple. I'll do better moving forward, this is a learning experience for me, I've never ran a build off before.

Dave, if you want to come back let me know I don't think it is necessary for you to leave the build off, you have two of the best builds out there.
hey clay
i only pressed the rules issue to keep the contest fair and fun for all involved.
just stick to the original rules and all will be good
i will remain out of the build off this year cause its not fair to the other participants to let me back in after i quit.''second chances my azz'' remember, lol
if you are having a hard time with the deadlines on the builds i will step up and help you out as the rules enforcer .:hack:
no hard feelings keep up the good work
Dave

you can come help me! or anyone else who has finished. :shrug:
Hell I have already finished two bikes :laugh: I bet I could get another one done in time ......But then again I didnt start from scratch like some of the guys around here.

Lotsa talent on this forum forn sure. I posess alot of the skills and ideas just not the tools or space :doah:

It's April 10th today, 5 more days until the 15th, make sure to update your builds by then. Even though it looks like most have been. :thumbsup:

I deleted the threads that weren't updated today. If there was a reason that you couldn't update on time PM me, the threads are just "soft-deleted" if not, you are out of the build off. Sorry.

Clayton