Exhaust for a Side Popper

So I have an h35 that I am putting on my new style DB for my son. However, I just realized the exhaust looks like it will be blowing right on his leg, and it might even be close enough to be in the way of his leg. Anybody make a decent exhaust pipe that exits the head and turns backwards? Is it threaded for half inch pipe? I'm not looking for anything that is performance based. I just don't want him to burn his leg. I also have a Briggs 3hp that I can stick on there, but I'm trying to find a way to run a different carb for it.

Dave, I love you...in a manly way. Not in way where two dudes are wrenching on their rides in the moonlight, and they both reach for the same wrench at the same time, and their eyes meet, then they embrace and... It's different than that. It's more of a "If you were my neighbor, I'd let you borrow my tools anytime" kinda love. Thanks! I just bought some sections of pipe and rerouted it. My son should be riding very soon!

Dave, I love you...in a manly way. Not in way where two dudes are wrenching on their rides in the moonlight, and they both reach for the same wrench at the same time, and their eyes meet, then they embrace and... It's different than that. It's more of a "If you were my neighbor, I'd let you borrow my tools anytime" kinda love. Thanks! I just bought some sections of pipe and rerouted it. My son should be riding very soon!
LMAO! Like the non-gay football player slap-on-the-butt kinda buddy thing?

I'll do anything to help get my fellow mini bikers off of the evil Predator addiction! :wink:

Last edited:
Bwaaa Hahahahaha!!!!!

I also have a side popper HXL35 motor.

Im getting a custom pipe made this weekend for the bike. I will post pictures and as many measurements as I can of it.

The biggest hurdle with these is finding or making a flange and bending the initial 90° bend.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can still buy the gaskets for the exhaust. Look through the parts breakdown on OldMiniBikes warehouse. Use that for your flange template.

I had water pipe exhaust for about 8 years. But with no suspension on the ruttman toad, the pipe ended up vibrating and bpuncing around enough, it tore the threads out of the head.

Thats why im going to the flanged pipe design now.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk