Extended Oil Fill Tube?

Hello,

Trying to get the tav cover settled on my MTD, I noticed that after the mounting plate is installed, the oil fill will be hard to get to.
I know they make those plastic extended fill tubes for the snowblowers, but that is not robust enough and way too tall.

Extended oil fills are available for Briggs engines, like this

5031D93C-0A16-4CF6-A719-F8E70A1E9407.jpeg

Does anyone know if anyone makes something similar to this for Tecumseh engines?
If I can raise the fill up 5-6 inches it would make things a lot easier.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Just tried a Tecumseh fill plug on a Briggs side cover, they seem to be the same thread, or at least close enough to hopefully work.
I will post up pics once this info is confirmed.
Thanks!

markus

I have a hard to find Tecumseh factory made one for a slanted engine application for the HS40/50's I'll sell Its the extended tube and correct depth dipstick for 2 degree slant (rear mount oil fill) they made them later 70's into the 80's. Be like $24 shipped, PM me if you want it and I'll get photos'etc..

Received my extended oil fill tube today. It is aluminum and weighs almost nothing. It came with an o-ring on the bottom. No fill plug.
Removed plastic Tecumseh stock oil fill plug, inserted extended fill and realized that it is really close to the TAV mounting plate, and I had to trim the cover slightly near the top rear plastic cover mount bolt. It did clear the backing plate but just barely. They may be touching. Hoping that everything vibrates the same and nothing will happen but I will keep a close eye on it for signs of fatigue. I may just remove the backing plate and clearance it a little bit if I have to.

Some pics

I am hoping that raising the oil fill location will make it easier to add oil to the engine, instead of having the oil fill way down in the corner like that.
I wish it was 1/2” taller lol And I should prob make a dipstick for it.

Thanks for reading

So I ended up buying Markus’ extended oil fill tube on eBay, and I am really really happy with it VS my aluminum piece.
I was worried about it being plastic, but it is the perfect height and design for what I wanted.

Some pics, I think you’ll agree that this is really much better.

Just wanted to say thanks again Markus for this part it makes oil changes so much easier!

I forgot to add-
I had to shorten my choke lever, as engaging the choke would cause the lever to hit the new oil fill. You can see it in the first pic.
Plan is to make a new intake manifold which will relocate the carb, as what I am using is a compromise- but this will work in its current state, as well as later when the new manifold is done.
Thanks for reading

Wanted to add that the dipstick reads perfectly too