Failure of Centrifugal Clutches.... and or Jackshaft Bushings --- Mini Baja

As I see it the worst thing that can happed to CCs is that they heat up so much they take the springiness out of the clutch disk spring. Compared to replacing the whole clutch of switching to a Torque Converter, Simply a replacement spring should not cost more than a few bucks if the sellers wanted to sell them. As is, they make a lot more profit selling a new entire Centrifugal Clutch or a Torque Converter. I dont do any kind of riding that a TQ would necessarily be a big improvement, I would just as soon keep things simple for a while and not have to put a lot of work and money into the bike for the conversion. I am convinced that you could ride a CC bike for long distances ...... as in thousands of miles if you rode at constant speeds on level ground. I doubt any belt on a TQ would last 100 miles no matter what kind of riding you were doing. I understand that if you were crawling through a forest at 3 mph for a whole day with the clutch slipping the whole time it is going to probably heat to red hot and
destroy the spring as well as the lube in between the bushings and the crankshaft.

There is one more element of the centrifugal clutch system that may force me into a TQ and that is the wearing of the bushings on the rear jackshaft that seem intended by design to not last very long. When they wear and replacements cannot be found, then the only solution is switch to TQs all because of a lack of a couple of bucks worth of bushings. Maybe like washers, nuts and screws and bearings, there are standard sizes of bushings and we could locate their replacements dirt cheap.

I have called most of the major Mini Baja parts suppliers and none seem to have the jackshaft bushings. Has anyone found a solution to the jackshaft bushings wearing out in the early or later versions of the Mini Baja chain drives such as MB-165 or MB-200 ?

Really I’d beg to differ on the 100 mile belt thing. My mini gote with way more than stock power has gone at least 250-300 miles on the same belt.
That is impressive performance by an impressive machine. I see you have double the power of the GX390 and the larger 40 series TQ so all in all the workload is only half that of a 212 with a 30 series. Not to diminish the feat, but at any level of performance your machine is at a much smaller percentage of maximum sustained capability. Not only that but it looks like you have a giant rear sprocket to take further reduce the engine TQ workload. I have seriously considered that motor/TQ myself as if I am going to spend big bucks on a TQ might as well make it a big one. and get a motor with a bigger crankshaft to fit it. I cannot really tell how big your bike is but given your large motor and TQ.... it makes the overall bike look smaller in scale. How big is it compared to the Mini Baja bikes ? Do you know the weight ?

My Trail king is original Torque Converter. It uses a V-belt. I get three years riding before the edge of the belt starts to fray.
As for the CC springs, your right. The greed kicks in if you buy them from a USA seller.
I get mine from England for next to nothing and the shipping is even cheaper as well! From ordering to on the clutch was only seven days.