Faked Ruttman ID Stamp ?

Hello, tonight I have this early Ruttman. I bought this frame before restore from a respected member. Y'all may not see him anymore on here but all the members from 10-15 years ago know him. A random person told me today that my early Ruttman's ID stamp on the underside of the engine plate was faked. He claimed he had the catalogs for the early Ruttman ID numbers. Said that this happens w Ruttman frames. That people fake stamp the frames to make them appear "early". Has anyone heard of this ? And does anyone have catalogs of Ruttman Bikes w ID's ? Or heard of that ? I love the education and want to learn more than I know. Here's a pic of the frame and the stamp before restore. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

1971_MB1A

Hello, tonight I have this early Ruttman. I bought this frame before restore from a respected member. Y'all may not see him anymore on here but all the members from 10-15 years ago know him. A random person told me today that my early Ruttman's ID stamp on the underside of the engine plate was faked. He claimed he had the catalogs for the early Ruttman ID numbers. Said that this happens w Ruttman frames. That people fake stamp the frames to make them appear "early". Has anyone heard of this ? And does anyone have catalogs of Ruttman Bikes w ID's ? Or heard of that ? I love the education and want to learn more than I know. Here's a pic of the frame and the stamp before restore. Thanks in advance.
What year and model would you say it actually is ?

sonerenos

Patrick, that bike is awesome. I remember admiring it when I came to your house for the caper cycle. Stamping a frame isn't complicated, but I don't see any reason to do so. The rear axle tabs are different than normal from my understanding. Maybe someone with more information can chime in.

pomfish

I do not understand what they would stand to gain in this. Unless you like to pay more money for stories.
It's not like people are out there copying Ruttman frames like they did Taco's
Bike looks good to me, be happy with it and enjoy riding it.
As far as anyone other than owners of the company having valid "Lists" of serial numbers? Maybe, maybe not.
Catalogs of numbers? Show me the proof.
If Mini bike history has taught us anything it is that most of the old companies did not issue frames with exact numerical accuracy.
Gotta remember most of the companies started in small Garages/Barns and built their way up and when things got busy, the hell with accuracy, just get it built and shipped.

JMHO, YMMV

The stamp sure look to have weathered 50 years of life as well as a few paint jobs. I agree that the rear axle drop outs don't look quite correct though. I no longer have a washer frame for reference to be sure though...

From what I've understood the rear axle dropouts or mounts are shaped like a big washer. Hence washer frame. Made only in the first year or two.