Family photo

Got the 3 China bikes out today.

Wife rode the mb212 pro, I had my ct200u and my oldest daughter rode the bt200x.

These things may not be vintage or classics. But they sure do run nice and have been an utter blast to play with. Sure is nice to be able to go on the internet and within 30 seconds being able to locate any part in minutes and for cheap.
View attachment 279173
View attachment 279174
Man those are sweet!!

I have too many bikes. Near a dozen mini bikes, 2 street bikes and a dirt bike.

I fell in love with 2 wheels when my dad got me a manco streaker when I was 5. I've never stopped riding. Love it.
Yea I basicly started riding before i started walking lol. I just never have been mechanically inclined. I stopped riding for almost 10 years after i was hit by a drunk driver & almost lost my leg. When i bought This mini bike & my new street bike, it was the first time ive been back on 2 wheels since the accident. I can't believe i almost never got back on..... I still deal with some p.t.s.d but I cant see my life without riding in it.

toomanytoys

Yea I basicly started riding before i started walking lol. I just never have been mechanically inclined. I stopped riding for almost 10 years after i was hit by a drunk driver & almost lost my leg. When i bought This mini bike & my new street bike, it was the first time ive been back on 2 wheels since the accident. I can't believe i almost never got back on..... I still deal with some p.t.s.d but I cant see my life without riding in it.
Fortunately I haven't had a bad accident on the street. Last month I hit some gravel in a turn and went off the road but kept it upright and went through the shoulder and back onto the road. I was going about 25mph.

Knocked myself out twice on the dirt and broke a few ribs. But that happens in the dirt unfortunately if you ride hard

toomanytoys

How much fab work was required for the Tillotson/torque converter upgrade, or is it basically bolt on.
Tillotson gas tank is too tall. You'll need a different gas tank. I used a power fist tank I had laying around.

The tav is easy. 1x1 square stock. Drill and fit it all together. I trimmed my tav backing plate rather than cutting off the rear frame hoop.

toomanytoys

Suspension forks get an A+ from me! Takes nearly all the vibration out of the bars and really really help with the small bumps and jolts. Put it through its paces today.

This bike is now the ultimate trail bike. In my eyes. It runs 45 to 50 down the pavement and gravel roads and it'll climb a tree if I need it to. I dont think I could do anything else to make it better.

20210711_130834.jpg
20210711_130824.jpg
20210711_130759.jpg

Last edited:

SAS289

Suspension forks get an A+ from me! Takes nearly all the vibration out of the bars and really really help with the small bumps and jolts. Put it through its paces today.

This bike is now the ultimate trail bike. In my eyes. It runs 45 to 50 down the pavement and gravel roads and it'll climb a tree if I need it to. I dont think I could do anything else to make it better.

View attachment 280362
View attachment 280363
View attachment 280364
Did you ever consider adding "splash shields" for off road? What I did doesn't look good but work fairly well. The idea is to keep mud and water off of the engine block. The front fender is installed backwards. The rear is just a piece of plastic bolted to the fender. The front is some plastic I had in the garage. I think it was the same material I used for the engine riser also seen in the picture. Clean up is a little less detailed. Didn't see a lot of mud that day, just a couple unavoidable spots.

20210705_115906.jpg 20210705_115959.jpg

toomanytoys

Did you ever consider adding "splash shields" for off road? What I did doesn't look good but work fairly well. The idea is to keep mud and water off of the engine block. The front fender is installed backwards. The rear is just a piece of plastic bolted to the fender. The front is some plastic I had in the garage. I think it was the same material I used for the engine riser also seen in the picture. Clean up is a little less detailed. Didn't see a lot of mud that day, just a couple unavoidable spots.

View attachment 280374 View attachment 280375
I've thrown around the idea.

Mud always makes clean up more involved.

toomanytoys

Went for another big ride tonight with my 4 year old. We put probably 15 miles on back roads and light trails. On the way home the tav started sticking on downshift. Time to clean and lube the tav again! Pulled cover and the belt looks mint yet. Quite a few miles on it. But a lot of dust, dirt and grime stuck in the cover and on the sheaves.

It was too hot to take apart and do tonight. Tomorrow I'll do a full service. Change the oil, lube chain, adjust, and service the tav. She'll be ready to go.

I think the megamoto is sold. Guy came and looked at it, said he'd be back tomorrow with a truck and cash. That gives me a good boost into my fun money.

I think I'm gonna buy a Honda Ruckus! Got the dealer to give me a great OTD price on a 2020 today. New adventure since I've just got a few small touches to put on my CT to be finished with it. My daughter isn't ready for mods yet on her BT.

toomanytoys

Megamoto is gone. Sold for 900 with a stage 1 predator, extra set of tires, extra belt, and a couple other odds and ends of parts he wanted.

That gives me enough for the ruckus. Paid a deposit over the phone. Tomorrow at lunch I'm gonna pick it up. 2500 otd. Gonna break it in the order cvt parts, exhaust, carb, intake and such. I have no interest in putting a gy6 in it. Seems like a cool swap but taking out a bullet proof honda engine and installing a China clone seems to be borderline stupid to me...plus I hate the stretch

If I can get it to hold 45mph on the flat I'll be happy. I want to use it as a run about locally. Highest speed limit on those roads is 45.

toomanytoys

Ruckus is home, plates obtained and insurance is paid for. 64 dollars for the year full coverage.

Got to ride in 15 minutes before the heavens opened up soaked me. Supposed to rain for the next week.

Ended up getting a smoking deal. 2600 otd for a brand new 2020.

toomanytoys

My dad took my ct200 for a ride last night. I knew I did good when he came back in about 15 minutes with a big smile on his face and said this bike is going to kill someone!

I got my new seat cover in, order a kobalt 24v battery pack power adapter, led head light, tail light and brake light switch. Figured I might as well add more stuff to it!

I wonder if anyone has used a megamotir 212 pro rear wheel with the brake disk on it, caliper and master cylinder to add disc brakes. I figure it might be as easy as welding in a mount.

It's a 166 dollars for everything. Might be worth it if it's mostly bolt on...

20210711_130759.jpg

Last edited: