Family photo

toomanytoys

I'm almost caught up to you, I just picked up the CT a few days ago. I ordered the suspension forks for the CT and let me tell you, it's a great upgrade. The kit is expensive so I bought it first then waited until the right deal popped up on Marketplace. Now I have into it what a new one would cost but better.

View attachment 279904
I'd like to do suspension forks. I havent found anything

toomanytoys

Are you talking suspension for the 200U? Coleman has been selling the kit and it's pretty nice. I got mine last year. I hear they go out of stock often.
It's always out of stock when I look..

Well just checked and it's in stock now for 174 bucks. Ugh. I'm buying.

Edit: ordered! I said I was done buying parts this year...

I think I'm going to sell the mm212 pro. My CT will now be even more of my favorite bike with the front suspension.

Last edited:

SAS289

It's always out of stock when I look..

Well just checked and it's in stock now for 174 bucks. Ugh. I'm buying.

Edit: ordered! I said I was done buying parts this year...

I think I'm going to sell the mm212 pro. My CT will now be even more of my favorite bike with the front suspension.
Thing that sucks is that they raised the price. My total last year with shipping was $174. Today with shipping it would be $229.90.

The EX and BT have more travel but the shocks in the 200U kit are firmer. They work nice.

toomanytoys

Thing that sucks is that they raised the price. My total last year with shipping was $174. Today with shipping it would be $229.90.

The EX and BT have more travel but the shocks in the 200U kit are firmer. They work nice.
I actually ordered 2 of them...put one back for a rainy day. I'll eventually find another ct200u to put together for some reason or another.

I'm happy. Can't wait for them to come in.

Out of the 3 bikes, I would have to say the EX is the most comfortable, second would be the BT and third is the CT. Somehow I can't seem to stop riding the CT over the other 2 bikes though, now that it has the suspension forks. The steering geometry of the CT isn't the greatest on the trail, what would be "bump steer" on other bikes is more like "dump steer" on the CT with stock forks. If I had paid retail for the CT I don't think I would have invested the extra $230 for the forks but seeing how I found a pretty decent used bike for far less than retail, I figured why not.

toomanytoys

Out of the 3 bikes, I would have to say the EX is the most comfortable, second would be the BT and third is the CT. Somehow I can't seem to stop riding the CT over the other 2 bikes though, now that it has the suspension forks. The steering geometry of the CT isn't the greatest on the trail, what would be "bump steer" on other bikes is more like "dump steer" on the CT with stock forks. If I had paid retail for the CT I don't think I would have invested the extra $230 for the forks but seeing how I found a pretty decent used bike for far less than retail, I figured why not.
I paid 299 for mine on clearance from Walmart.

The CT is my go to bike....I wish it had an odometer. I bet it has over 4000 miles on it. Trails, gravel, around the yard, down the street...my usual trail loop is 10 miles. I've done that alone hundreds of times on it.

I live in a tiny town with zero police presence. Once a week you might see a cop and if they see me on my bike they just wave. I ride it to the gas station, dollar general, down to my parents. Pretty much anywhere in 10 mile radius of my house.

The megamoto is my most comfortable bike. I hate the look of the ex bikes so I never bought one. I might pick one up just to complete the set. I bought a ct100u for my youngest daughter but it's still in the crate in my dad's garage until next year.

SAS289

The CT is my go to bike....I wish it had an odometer. I bet it has over 4000 miles on it. Trails, gravel, around the yard, down the street...my usual trail loop is 10 miles. I've done that alone hundreds of times on it.

I live in a tiny town with zero police presence. Once a week you might see a cop and if they see me on my bike they just wave. I ride it to the gas station, dollar general, down to my parents. Pretty much anywhere in 10 mile radius of my house.

The megamoto is my most comfortable bike. I hate the look of the ex bikes so I never bought one. I might pick one up just to complete the set. I bought a ct100u for my youngest daughter but it's still in the crate in my dad's garage until next year.
Loaded the bike and rode in Noble county today. Most riding was on packed/loose gravel back roads. No one around. So nice. Did a quick run on Rt 564 just to top out the bike for the first time. Great day.

Found out I gotta get rid of the cheap Amazon chain and get my RK chain on it. I thought I had it pre stretched ahead of time but it stretched even more on this ride. I don't trust it.

mustangfrank

I thought I might try a set for an obscure project, scrolled down to measurements...then the disclaimer...kind of a WIDE tolerance! :oops:

Description:

There are 2 pieces motorcycle fork boots gaiters covers
Provide extra protection for your shock absorber, waterproof and dustproof
Durable rubber material, not easy to crack
Easy to install , Excluding installation instructions
Fitment: For Honda Dio 18/27/28/34/35/56; for Yamaha Jog50 Jog90
Size: Big hole: 43mm/1.7 inch; Small hole:27mm/1.1 inch ; Length: 103mm/4.1 inch

Package Includes:

1 Pair Rubber Fork Cover

Note:

Please allow 0.5-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.(1 inch=2.54cm)
Color may be slightly different from the pictures because of different screen and light.
Please kindly understand.

SAS289

I thought I might try a set for an obscure project, scrolled down to measurements...then the disclaimer...kind of a WIDE tolerance! :oops:

Description:

There are 2 pieces motorcycle fork boots gaiters covers
Provide extra protection for your shock absorber, waterproof and dustproof
Durable rubber material, not easy to crack
Easy to install , Excluding installation instructions
Fitment: For Honda Dio 18/27/28/34/35/56; for Yamaha Jog50 Jog90
Size: Big hole: 43mm/1.7 inch; Small hole:27mm/1.1 inch ; Length: 103mm/4.1 inch

Package Includes:

1 Pair Rubber Fork Cover

Note:

Please allow 0.5-1 inch difference due to manual measurement.(1 inch=2.54cm)
Color may be slightly different from the pictures because of different screen and light.
Please kindly understand.
Yeah that pretty crazy.

I got 2 of these. Just opened the package for a quick measure. Their Big hole, Small hole advertised sizes are close to what I measured. They are a little distorted to measure but it was around 1 3/4" and 1 1/16".

toomanytoys

Loaded the bike and rode in Noble county today. Most riding was on packed/loose gravel back roads. No one around. So nice. Did a quick run on Rt 564 just to top out the bike for the first time. Great day.

Found out I gotta get rid of the cheap Amazon chain and get my RK chain on it. I thought I had it pre stretched ahead of time but it stretched even more on this ride. I don't trust it.
I'm still using the stock chain. I broke the original master link (pretty sure it ate a rock) It stretched a lot when it was new. Now it just requires a little bump every so often.

Been a pretty good chain! I have an o-ring 420 chain in a sealed oiled bag I bought probably 10 years ago from the Honda shop. I think it's DID brand. It'll go on when the stock chain gives it up.

toomanytoys

Got to try out the tillotson on the trails today. Seems like a beast to me. I was impressed. Climbed everything I did when the predator was on it. One hill in particular I'd almost run out of power by the top. Tillotson was still hammering over the top. I might put a 60 tooth on the rear but afraid it will make it way too front end happy.

Wasn't happy because I laid it down and dented my blower housing. Not bad enough to stop anything from working but enough it made me mad. I like my stuff looking good. First scratch is always the hardest.

Addicted 2 Minis

Got to try out the tillotson on the trails today. Seems like a beast to me. I was impressed. Climbed everything I did when the predator was on it. One hill in particular I'd almost run out of power by the top. Tillotson was still hammering over the top. I might put a 60 tooth on the rear but afraid it will make it way too front end happy.

Wasn't happy because I laid it down and dented my blower housing. Not bad enough to stop anything from working but enough it made me mad. I like my stuff looking good. First scratch is always the hardest.
That’s why I don’t want to put a Chikuni on my trail bike, I’m afraid that if I lay it down it’ll snap off and then I’d be screwed getting it home. I was watching the Gambler 100 video and that’s exactly what happened to someone, I thought to myself “And that’s why I don’t run a Chikuni”.

toomanytoys

That’s why I don’t want to put a Chikuni on my trail bike, I’m afraid that if I lay it down it’ll snap off and then I’d be screwed getting it home. I was watching the Gambler 100 video and that’s exactly what happened to someone, I thought to myself “And that’s why I don’t run a Chikuni”.
I agree. I've bent the hell out of all my air filters.

Addicted 2 Minis

It’s crazy how it goes, when they’re plentiful, it seems nobody wants them and they have to go on clearance. Now that you can’t find them, people are getting up to $600 for a used one. I think it’s funny how when the Trailmaster came out for $1,000 the price of the regular bikes went up too. My theory is, everyone opts for the cheaper bike, even when they raise the price $200, it’s still cheaper and they still sell. I paid $300 for mine, finding one that hasn’t had the governor messed with is quite the task and those that have, expect to be in it for a new engine too.

toomanytoys

It’s crazy how it goes, when they’re plentiful, it seems nobody wants them and they have to go on clearance. Now that you can’t find them, people are getting up to $600 for a used one. I think it’s funny how when the Trailmaster came out for $1,000 the price of the regular bikes went up too. My theory is, everyone opts for the cheaper bike, even when they raise the price $200, it’s still cheaper and they still sell. I paid $300 for mine, finding one that hasn’t had the governor messed with is quite the task and those that have, expect to be in it for a new engine too.
Our rural king and Dunham are full of bikes.

Dunham has ct100u ct200u rb200

Rural king has bt200x and a coleman that looks like the mm80

But the 6.5hp bikes are all 599 to 699

SAS289

Our rural king and Dunham are full of bikes.

Dunham has ct100u ct200u rb200

Rural king has bt200x and a coleman that looks like the mm80

But the 6.5hp bikes are all 599 to 699
When I was down south Friday I just had to stop at the Tractor Supply in Cambridge. We don't have them where I live. They had an EX in there for $699. I never liked the look of the EX but the black camo ain't bad.

toomanytoys

When I was down south Friday I just had to stop at the Tractor Supply in Cambridge. We don't have them where I live. They had an EX in there for $699. I never liked the look of the EX but the black camo ain't bad.
Tractor supply always seems to only have EX bikes. I remember them selling the Baja warrior pretty much exclusively back years ago as well.

When I was a kid the wheeling wv true value was a Manco dealer. They had speakers, thunderbird, and a slew of manco go karts all the time. My manco streaker came from them in 1990.

toomanytoys

It's all coming together! They look nice and the springs feel nice and stiff.

Can't wait to get them on. Won't have time till Sunday probably!

I was thinking about tearing the whole bike and sending it to the powder coat shop before I assemble it. Just can't decide on a color. He has a purple metal flake that would look sweet! But I can't figure out a shroud and wheel color.

20210707_190418.jpg