Fantic Broncco T/C-4

Hello, new user.

Just bought this Broncco tc4, tc 4, t/c-4. It needs a lot of minor work done to it. Last owner changed to this paint job, I think I like it better than the chrome and yellow from the factory.

I am unsure of the year and the model of garelli engine. I know it is a 50cc 4spd.

I am open to any info anyone knows about this type of mini bike or any good resources to use when working on it/ finding parts for it.

Wish me luck and I will update with photos as I go.

Thanks

There were Italian made Fantic/Broncco Mini Bikes, made in the late 1960's and early 1970's and imported through ESI Inc in Croydon, PA by Charles Pastori.

What specific info are you looking for??

They also shares alot of parts with the Benelli's, like the Dynamo etc...

Some parts are easy, like tires, wheels, and controls...but other parts are tougher to find...

I was wondering if the Garelli engine has a specific model name, so I can look up parts/gaskets and know that they fit this Garelli Engine. Also if there is any way to determine the year of production for the T/C-4.

I am going to have to re-do the electronics, cables, levers, and brakes. Hopefully mostly universal parts.

Also I want to seal the tank, any suggestions on favorite tank seal?

Thanks

Thank you for posting, jeffdubb8!

I am quickly finding out you are the guy for Broncco on here! I am really excited to have found one and I really like the tc-4, I hope to fully restore it, but the colors that are on it now are quite sharp. The previous owner had no clue that this is a Broncco mini bike, he thought the whole thing was Garelli.

I looked through your pictures and saw the wheel/ brake hubs. Can you still find new brake parts for these?

Finding parts for these are much easier than the TX series because they use many of the same parts as the Benelli's and they are easy to find parts for. If I can help, let me know.

It begins!

Anyone know what kind of oil goes in the gearbox?

Also I posted a picture of a spring on the rear brake hub that seems out of place... is this supposed to be there?

Maybe gearbox is not the proper term...

What fluid goes in the area as seen in the picture? It is the left side of the engine in the cavity from the outer case and inside where the gear coming off the engine shaft meshes with one larger gear inside. There is a dipstick and drain plug on the outer case, and there was a little fluid inside, but I can't tell if it was engine oil or another type of lube.

Anyone have a service/parts manual for this Garelli engine?

Current stage:

Engine and transmission, ready to run!

Electrical system: just need to wire up the lights!

Frame and Fork: Sandblasted and now in a machine shop being repaired from an unknown serious accident that bent the frame where the backbone and double loop join the fork

Everything else: cleaned, painted, greased, ready to run!:grind:

Thanks!

It is Rustoleum Engine Enamel. Good stuff so far. High Heat(500), gasoline, and general shop fluid resistant.

It is the Ford Blue color. The tank: Ford Red, Wheels: Universal White, Misc things: Aluminum.

Here is what I hope it turns out like in general, I may change a few things like the size of the white area on the tank.

I got some nice custom Broncco lettering too for the tank.

My amazing Microsoft Paint skills were used for this photo, so give me some slack please!:eek:ut:

Today was a big day!

I went from wiring oblivion to a running mini bike. The wiring was totally botched when I got this broncco and I was able to start simple (no accessory wiring) and got a spark! I stuck the plug in the cylinder and has this Broncco purring in no time.

I did some trial and error with the three wires coming off the ignition coil, got shocked, then just sent the spark to the plug instead of my finger!

It is a great feeling to fire up a project mini bike for the first time.:thumbsup:

Especially when you had no idea if it would run when you bought it!

Here is a picture of the main harness connecting to the 3 wires coming out of the engine.

To get it to run, all you need i those three wires hooked up from the engine. The gray wire goes to the coil and make sure the coil is grounded, another wire from the engine gets grounded.

I can't see all the wires well enough to do a full breakdown, but I am not going to cut it open either.

You can also see wire colors from the handlebar switch. The top button is for the horn. The side switch is for headlight. The side metal button is the kill switch.

There also is a kill switch under the seat, I am not sure how it all ties in.

Try removing the wires, and using scrap pieces to ground the coil, and then play around with the 3 wires coming out of the engine, turning it over under you get a spark, just leave the plug laying on top the head, so you can see the spark.

Sorry I can't give you a full run down, I haven't found a wiring scheme anywhere