Fastest Doodlebug!

I'm curious if a clutch and rear sprocket is faster then a torque converter setup with the same rear sprocket. Per say both had 53th rear sprockets..

Any input?

I'm curious if a clutch and rear sprocket is faster then a torque converter setup with the same rear sprocket. Per say both had 53th rear sprockets..

Any input?
The comet has more torque but I had to drop to the 36 tooth sprocket to get my top speed back my corider has a comet and a 53 tooth sprocket his top speed is 40 but the comet makes them a tank you can kill any hill u want and the guys on 125s and 250s don't believe my bike can go anywhere they can gets more looks than their bikes too:laugh:

The comet has more torque but I had to drop to the 36 tooth sprocket to get my top speed back my corider has a comet and a 53 tooth sprocket his top speed is 40 but the comet makes them a tank you can kill any hill u want and the guys on 125s and 250s don't believe my bike can go anywhere they can gets more looks than their bikes too:laugh:
Is that with a stock governed engine?

IJG

My doodlebug did 48 mph with a stage 3 engine kit from hotrodminbike.com. with the stock rear sprocket, However i have not checked since i replaced it with a sprocket kit & 63 teeth. the jackshaft sprockets make a huge change when you swap them around .
I have a lot to learn still. Hope you are having as much fun as I do with mine.

On my way to work thinking about minibikes (it's all I think about!) wondering who has the fastest db?

I have a db30 old style that does between 50-55.

I'd like to see what everyone else is running.
I hit 82 on mine one time ...
On my way to work thinking about minibikes (it's all I think about!) wondering who has the fastest db?

I have been 80 plus on my fully built Doodlebug. This was an old video before my new setup