fastest "out of the box" vintage mini bike?!?

I do not like the Benelli line up either. But a guy at Windber had two Volcano's there and they were some fast bikes. There to European for me. Shifter is on the wrong side of bike too. I Do not like the Sach,s motors either.

Well Dads in Phila. picking up a bike but when he gets home I'll have him settle this! Because my Dads stronger then your Dad! LOL!!

Like Goat said, Categories? What are the rules? My Softail hauled ass and it's smaller then my Roadking was. There to many categories or classes. All that matters is that we all like vintage bikes.:thumbsup:

Well Dads in Phila. picking up a bike but when he gets home I'll have him settle this! Because my Dads stronger then your Dad! LOL!!

Like Goat said, Categories? What are the rules? My Softail hauled ass and it's smaller then my Roadking was. There to many categories or classes. All that matters is that we all like vintage bikes.:thumbsup:
I should have added "man bikes" / Hunting bikes as well (like troopers, gotes, mini burro's.)

Oldsalt

And hands down not a traditional mini bike. (#4) Need category's.

1. traditional mini bike.

2. traditional mini bike with foreign engine.

3. mini cycle.

4. small motor cycle. (with shifter)
IMO you're on target. But there will [of course] be folks trying to confuse the issue. Certinally, there are some gray areas. But unless there's an ax to grind it should be obvious as hell what a traditional mini bike is, and what #2, #3, and #4s are.

As far as the fastest/quickest TRADITIONAL mini? Caper Cycle and a couple of others had PRODUCTION models that had Mac Kart engines. IMO you can't get any quicker/faster. These were the highest output STOCK engines ever used in a mini. What's your take on this?

As far as the fastest/quickest TRADITIONAL mini? Caper Cycle and a couple of others had PRODUCTION models that had Mac Kart engines. IMO you can't get any quicker/faster. These were the highest output STOCK engines ever used in a mini. What's your take on this?
My take is I'd love to have one in my caper!. :drinkup:

My take is I'd love to have one in my caper!. :drinkup:
I sure would like one in a bike as-well. I read that Flexo would build a bike pretty much however you wanted it, using Macs and WB's.. Did you know that a stock flexo with a briggs had the gov. removed? Flexo stood behind the engines with the philosophy that as long as the chain was on and the rear wheel was on the ground they would not blow up.

Well for a vintage original minibike i would have to give it to one with a MAC! :thumbsup:

Oppps, forgot one.

That kid a-wail back posted his DB @ 72 mph using a gps. Sneaky little Chinese......:chinese::chinese::chinese: probably running it on soy sauce.

Fast minibike?

Go to minidoodle.com and click-on "brochure ads". Go to "Flea" and take a look at Bug Engineering's 4 speed Yamaha powered mini from the 60's. I've never seen the performance specs on this bike but it must indeed be a contender.

Go to minidoodle.com and click-on "brochure ads". Go to "Flea" and take a look at Bug Engineering's 4 speed Yamaha powered mini from the 60's. I've never seen the performance specs on this bike but it must indeed be a contender.
the ads been posted on page 2 of this thread.:deal: That thing was fast as sh:censure:. The yamaha engine..well...here we go again.:smile::doah:

Oldsalt

That 580 has been on my 'watch list' for a couple of months. It was re-listed at least once. Keep thinking the guy has more than one. Eight hundred for a new west bend.......is that too much? I don't know, but it has had me nervious for some time. I want it for one of my Caper Cycles but the race car has taken all my disposible funds.

Interesting discussions, some neat machines were made back in the day. Has anyone driven a Screamer? Its going to take a little time restoring mine- im just curious how fast they really are.