Favorite mini bike

pomfish

Well, that is a loaded question.

Kinda like saying what is the best Pickup truck.
Different people will have different favorites based on their preference and needs.

I.E. Gas mileage guys will want S10's, Rangers, etc. while the RV guys may want dual wheel F250/350 or C1500/2500/3500.
Others will want all out off road ability and want a Jeep Truck.

That is why I keep telling my Wife that I need so many different mini bikes :)

Choppers for the smooth road, Boonies for the hills and maybe a Rokon to get the deer off the mountain.
And probably still need a Taco or two for the pit bike usage.

Anyway, that's how I see it from my back porch.
Keith

Last edited:
Its impossible to know because none of us has ever ridden every mini ever made. And especially not in their factory original form. My specs for the perfect mini include a simple frame with fork and suspended seat and a briggs flatty. Also its got to fit the rider well. Too small or too big a bike and its just not as good a ride. The more versitile it is the better. If it does everything well its a good bike. Some of my minis are best suited to the flats and road going and some are best for hills and tough stuff. The best are the few that can do everything

Just like jeep2003 said, it'd be hard to nail one down. I have ridden a fraction of the minibike models ever made, and owned even less of them. I remember my first a Bonanza BC1500 with a 5hp tec. it was fantastic and seldom needed any major work! It's been a while since I've had one I could find no fault with, I continue to improve my DB to suit my riding style and will be installing the sprung forks soon to make it more rideable. I want another BC1500 or a swingarm Trailhorse, even a Taco44 but it'd have to be affordable and local. I like minibikes, just about anything that will ride and carry a 210# man is fine with me. I'll find the one eventually but will always have a variety of makes and models to play around on!:thumbsup:

MY favorite is My little red Cat 300X. I'm partial to it because it was my first ever minibike, it is very unique and you will never see another cat 300x like mine.

As far as a Favorite one I would like to own?I want a real bigwheel one like a Terra Cat or something..

DMR

I would say a Ruttman or Azusa frame with straight bars (like my azusa) with a pair of those Azusa Astro wheels, A 2-speed jackshaft setup
1st gear is 11-11-60
2nd gear is 14-14-60