Fenders on a Taco?

race

Thinking I may want to go that route for the occasional dirt excursion ... but hopefully in the least intrusive manner. Anyone have pics of someone who has done fenders on a Taco 44? I can think of several different mounting options between front and rear but curious as to what has been tried before. FYI - I have the later mid-fork springs.

Any good sources for fenders for the original 5"wheels (besides what OldMiniBikes warehouse offers)?

race

Bump.

And add - Would like to know if there is anyone doing 3d printing of fenders in plastic for above? As I understand it the surface would be rough unless a final dip - or whatever they call it - is done. And would one be able to paint the finished product?

Fenders on a Taco 22,44,99,100... pure heresy! A friend did it on his 100 circa 1970 using a chrome metal fender , maybe off a Bonaza ? Was attached with the steering head bolt. Just didn't look right though.

race

I'm a born heretic! haha Could be heresy ... if done badly. That's why I want to come up with a mounting solution that does not mar the frame and is not permanent. Some combination of rubber mounts and clamping that I could always remove. Hence my desire for a lightweight fender as opposed to a heavy steel one. Everything will be easier with less weight to deal with.

Also with an adjustable clamp-on setup one could play with different fender heights to see what looks / works best.

I know there are commercial places where they do 3D printing, just never contacted one and was curious if someone here has been down that route.