Final rules for Mini BBO

Looks like the masses have spoken:

1.Start date Jan 1st 2012!
Deadline for entry post February 1st 2012! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.
Finish date May 31st 2012!
2. No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until January 1st, 2012.
3. Must be a shot of the bike/parts pile up front with a sign with OldMiniBikes 2012 BBO (Entry Post)!
4. Must be a photo of you riding the bike or a video of the bike running at the end!
5. Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!!
6. Finished bike must be a runner.
7. Winner by popular vote - One vote per user
8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by 2/15/11 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed. Constructive feedback is welcome in the threads. However, we will not tolerate bashing or negative comments towards others work. If you do not like something someone is doing then just keep it to yourself. This is not an oppurtunity to begin a flame war.
9.The bike must be build in the spirit of a mini bike.
10. It can have any number of wheels (1,2,3,4 etc.)
11. Flat head, OHV, 2 strokes, pit bike engines, will all be allowed. NO Motorcycle engines.
12. You do NOT need to have all of your parts at the start of the build off.
13. You can enter more than one bike if you have multiple projects.
14. Things such as paint and machining can be outsourced.

Jan 1st is close, but you have 1 month to get entered.
Im still waiting on an answer from hent on a subforum. If that doesnt happen by Jan 1st than we can pry just do it in the project logs.

Looks like the masses have spoken:

1.Start date Jan 1st 2012!
Deadline for entry post February 1st 2012! If we do not have an entry post picture by end of day on February 1st you will not be allowed to enter.
Finish date May 31st 2012!
2. No bike allowed unless it's less than half finished! You can start gathering parts and materials now, but assembly and fabrication not allowed until January 1st, 2012.
3. Must be a shot of the bike/parts pile up front with a sign with OldMiniBikes 2012 BBO (Entry Post)!
4. Must be a photo of you riding the bike or a video of the bike running at the end!
5. Must have at least one update by the builder every month! Even if your bike is complete you must post something. This post is due by the 15th of each month!!
6. Finished bike must be a runner.
7. Winner by popular vote - One vote per user
8. Non Starters & Drop Outs will be deleted to avoid clutter. This means if you do not post once per month minimum or make an entry post by 2/15/11 your entry will be deleted. To be clear on this, you must have 1 post in your thread at least once every 30 days. If you go longer than 30 days you will be removed. Constructive feedback is welcome in the threads. However, we will not tolerate bashing or negative comments towards others work. If you do not like something someone is doing then just keep it to yourself. This is not an oppurtunity to begin a flame war.
9.The bike must be build in the spirit of a mini bike.
10. It can have any number of wheels (1,2,3,4 etc.)
11. Flat head, OHV, 2 strokes, pit bike engines, will all be allowed. NO Motorcycle engines.
12. You do NOT need to have all of your parts at the start of the build off.
13. You can enter more than one bike if you have multiple projects.
14. Things such as paint and machining can be outsourced.

Jan 1st is close, but you have 1 month to get entered.
Im still waiting on an answer from hent on a subforum. If that doesnt happen by Jan 1st than we can pry just do it in the project logs.
Sounds good. Great work aaronxs400, thanks for organizing this. :thumbsup: Gonna be fun. :grind:

Can i enter a 3wheeler? its been settin in a barn for probly 10 years or more..
its a alsport trisport.

EDIT:
scratch that! I have a 1970 tri-rod tr-351 that i have torn down, i have a little something special in mind for it. THATS what im entering.

Last edited:
where do we put up our entrys and posts to stay in the build off?
I have project WTF under way but its hardly been touched to this day. Its converting an old riding mower into a solid axle rider. can this be my entry. I have the thread going in the "more then two wheels" forum

Neck

Growing up is optional
Just one clarification, "Pit Bike engine". What is the difference between a pit bike engine and a motorcycle engine?

pit bike engine, as in a flat engine like the honda crf50 based motors. no motorcycles, we all know what they are, if it came in an OEM mini its allowed.

Pit bike engines ? Get the heck out of here !:no::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: Don't they have gears and a kick starter ? Isn't that like a motorcycle engine ?

Last edited:
pit bike engine, as in a flat engine like the honda crf50 based motors. no motorcycles, we all know what they are, if it came in an OEM mini its allowed.
Bikes that came with pit bike engines are not MINIBIKES ! And no a Honda 50 mini trail is not a minibike. They were the start of ending the real minibikes.
That's like bringing a Yamaha Virago to an all Harley Davidson event,yes it's a motorcycle but it's just not a Harley.

Last edited:
I think the words Mini Bike has more to do with the size of the frame and wheels than the style of motor . Just my opinion .

minibike - definition of minibike by the Free Online Dictionary ...
minibike - definition of minibike by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
A small motorbike having a low frame, small wheels, and elevated handlebars. [Originally a trademark.] min i·bik er n. ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related ...

there is about fifty other definitions on Google so I guess everyone can pick the one they like .