FireMarshal71's OldMiniBikes-2014 (Scratch) Scooter Build

Not as much as I wanted to accomplish this weekend but happy with making some progress. I have some squaring up to do still on the fork and even after taking an inch off the neck tube, not sure there is enough room for suspension with these fat tires.

Ratbike

How are you compensating for the fork length when using chopper vs. scooter style?? :shrug: Won't chopper style lower the frame to the ground??

How are you compensating for the fork length when using chopper vs. scooter style?? :shrug: Won't chopper style lower the frame to the ground??
the fork slides through the triple tree area when the angle changes but stays the same length, the frame also remains level. It might make more sense after I get the bars put on and axle.

Great work on the frame!
thanks owend. it's been pretty challenging getting everything squared up without using a jig.

Thats one thing I always enjoy about your builds, they're super cool and easy looking - and then all of a sudden you pull this little engineering marvell out of a hat. Just like the scoop intake on your last build. Just a little something that takes it over the top in style.

Very nice work:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats one thing I always enjoy about your builds, they're super cool and easy looking - and then all of a sudden you pull this little engineering marvell out of a hat. Just like the scoop intake on your last build. Just a little something that takes it over the top in style.

Very nice work:thumbsup::thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Same thing I was thinking. Firemarshal raises the bar every time he builds something.

Thanks so much everyone, your comments are keeping me motivated on this project. Had to walk away from it this afternoon and found my triple tubes slightly out of alignment after getting it welded up. :doah: I managed to get everything squared up though and enough polished up on the fork tubes that they will slide with ease now. Looks like a gigantic trombone though. :laugh: I will return after I get some dinner and try to post up some pics later.

edit: some current pics of the handle bar and forks which need to be trimmed off at the bottom. Have a couple slipover sections for the bottoms to build the springs and hold the front axle. Once the correct size is determined a bolt will hold the fork in place on the triple tree -one set at the chopper mode and one for the scooter mode.

Last edited:
got the end pieces on the tubes, still need to add the springs between the end tubes and the lower collar stop. Need to drill and tap a limiting bolt in the lower tube so that the travel only moves an inch. Have an issue with cables that I need to figure out before going too much further on the front. Think next weekend I will work on the engine mount and tank assembly, got the rear bearings today and will weld the mount in soon.