FireMarshal71's OldMiniBikes-2014 (Scratch) Scooter Build

Started working on the exhaust- mostly getting the shape I need and seeing how it will fit, need to cut some more sheetmetal and make the transition piece from the single tube to the double. Added in the forward spring/suspension stops and replaced the handle bar with something having a little more arch. Photos of both the scooter and chopper shown below.

Thanks guys. Coincidently, I was at the gym the other day thinking about how my seat height doesn't feel comfortable in the chopper mode when I noticed the adjustable seat position on one of the leg press machines. I am reasonably sure that I can use this concept and have my seat slide down the square tube which will lower the height and adding comfort and visual appeal while in the chopper stance. It would allow me 2 locked positions for the seat, one up high for scooter, and the other lower & back for the chopper.

Thanks guys. Coincidently, I was at the gym the other day thinking about how my seat height doesn't feel comfortable in the chopper mode when I noticed the adjustable seat position on one of the leg press machines. I am reasonably sure that I can use this concept and have my seat slide down the square tube which will lower the height and adding comfort and visual appeal while in the chopper stance. It would allow me 2 locked positions for the seat, one up high for scooter, and the other lower & back for the chopper.
Oh can't wait to see that.

throttle and seat mount

Almost gave up on the thumb throttle concept but my third prototype seem to be working OK. The first was too small, the second didn't provide enough throttle and kept binding.

The seat mount came out better than I expected. I was able to tuck the forward pivot mount beneath the rails and I think the adjustable option leaves a positive for both aesthetics and function. The side support also was not needed once the forward mount was changed and tightened. I have a lot of welds to blend in.

Exhaust

The exhaust has been finished with the exception of some weld blending. While it is obviously not a flowmaster, I did achieve the result I wanted. Stitch welding 18ga sheetmetal with fluxcore doesn't leave the best looking results but I managed to Frankenstein the pieces together like a sick puzzle.

Nice job man! I just figured out what you did there with the adjustable rake angle thats really cleaver . And thats the same set of forks they just adjust with the clamps. Pretty genius man thats thinking outside the box for sure :thumbsup: