First mini!

Well i have been talking about getting this mini for awhile. I bartered with the guy forever and finally got it for $25.

Well I want to use a scrub brake anybody got any Ideas on how to make one?

Last edited:

kbs8ball

I always thought scrub brakes stopped you really well...tires get worn from locking it up and draggin the tire on the pavement.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
why does every one seem to want one they eat your tire and dont stop good
None of the brakes really stop good. The scrub break is the most reliable out of all the brakes. I have a few friends with hydraulic disc brake setup and it locks there tires up to hard. So they usually go into power slides, until they get use to the pressure. But when they get it right they stop in the same distance as the original scrub break was doing.

I have seen to many mechanical disc breaks setups fail, so I won't even talk about those.

Some scrub brakes work much better than others. The one on my Alexander-Reynolds will lock the tire if you want. The one on my Gilson is almost useless.

The drum brake on my Azuza wheel is nothing to write home about, but the drum setup on my George Barris bike will lock the tire.

As far as wearing your tire goes...You are going to wear something eventually to stop whether it's a tire or a brake shoe, etc.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The best part about the scrub break is that it's totally free on the regular minibikes out here.

My friend Cedrik sold his complete modified briggs 305 minibike. He was mad because he spent a lot of money on the custom disc break setup from BMI-karts. The guy wouldn't just buy the motor, he wanted the minibike with it or nothing. So he originally wanted $1000 for just the motor, and he end up selling the complete setup for $1200. That's only $200 for the complete rolling chassis.