First post here!

I signed up here a while back but Im only recently finally getting around to working on my Heathkit Hilltopper trail bike. Im in northeast PA, my grandfather was original buyer of the bike. I beat it up pretty good in my teen years, and I just pulled it out from being stored for close to 20 years. Excited to be part of the group and get some expert advice!

Attachments

Welcome. This is a great site. :thumbsup: Clean it up a bit and do the repairs necessary to het it running, but resist the urge to take it all apart for restoration. So many bikes just go to pieces that way and never go back together again.

Hilltoppers, gotta love them!
I have done considerable work to both mine while keeping them dependable, safe to ride on the street and keeping the original look.

If you need your seat done correctly manchester1 is the resident go-to member and very likely one of the worlds best who reproduce mini bike seats. I'm not exaggerating, not even a little.
Both mine are original ...

If your tires are weather checked "Hi-Run" makes a reasonable replacement.
The foot pegs on the swing arm will beat the hell out of you on the trails! There should be foot pegs below the jack shaft.

I agree with Tom S, its original only once ... the beauty and value are in that.

In this last pic you can see lights with turn signals were added, switches on the left handlebars control power on/off, horn and turn signals.
Battery boxes were made and mounted in front of the motors. Rubber is between all the box mounting surfaces as to not schmuck up the paint.
Bicycle safety flag holders were made and mounted under the seats.