First Post

Hi -

I'm a new member. I understand from reading I need a bit of "street cred" before I can post anything too much. I'm starting out here in off-topic.

I'd like to post my build - which is a 1969 Rupp Banchi, but I will make a couple more posts before attempting that.

I'm not new to rusty stuff - my other hobby involves air-cooled engines as well - I've got a couple of VW's Beetles in the stable too.

Thanks!
/Mark

Thanks for the welcome Charles. I'm busy crafting up my topic over in the US Vintage section... :)
Hopefully I'll be able to attach a picture and a bit of story around this - stay tuned.

Thanks for the welcome Lizard and Bob!

Lizard - my two Bugs are drivers. I've got a '67 and a '75. (Technically the '67 is my wifes - that's what I say to her in order to justify why we need two of them). I built up both engines for them - in the '67 I built a stock 1600 but for the '75 it's got a stroker 1800 (88x74) with dual webers and a lumpy cam. That one surprises the boys in farm trucks.

Hey Manchester1 - I don't really have many. A couple of parts bikes in the loft in the garage. I live in the city and there isn't much place to store them, or ride them for that matter.

Here is the one I built up for my friend last year - some before and after shots.

I've got no idea what it "was" - obviously an off-shore special. Now - it seems to be a redneck special!

The rear fender is a snowblower chute, and the chain guard is a former snowblower belt cover.
The snowblower fuel tank is hidden up under the original tank facade. The ignition key is a repurposed snowblower lockout key.

The intent for this one is the 36 volt to gas engine modification, as the primary location to use it is off the grid.

Need to still convert the rear chain and sprocket from 25h to at least #35.....

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Manchester1 - I don't really have many. A couple of parts bikes in the loft in the garage. I live in the city and there isn't much place to store them, or ride them for that matter.

Here is the one I built up for my friend last year - some before and after shots.

I've got no idea what it "was" - obviously an off-shore special. Now - it seems to be a redneck special!

The rear fender is a snowblower chute, and the chain guard is a former snowblower belt cover.
The snowblower fuel tank is hidden up under the original tank facade. The ignition key is a repurposed snowblower lockout key.

The intent for this one is the 36 volt to gas engine modification, as the primary location to use it is off the grid.

Need to still convert the rear chain and sprocket from 25h to at least #36.....
APC Mini Chopper

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=apc+mini+chopper&t=newext&atb=v248-1&iax=images&ia=images

Thanks Charles, that answers that mystery. I always wondered what it was. I'd see them periodically on Facebook Marketplace or Kijiji (kinda like a Canadian version of Craigslist).

Last edited:
I had one of those in the for sale section for "Free" and nobody wanted it. Out to the trash it went.
Too far for us… it would have made a nice twin for our stripped-down, candy cane themed parade bike. Replacement engine-gearbox set-ups are available now as well. Gotta buy two to make one, quality control?