First project bike

Just starting out on my two first mini bike projects (newbe), this bike had an old school Tec 3.5 which I plan on restoring later (for the look) but my son wants to ride it "NOW" so I installed one of them Costco Champion 6.5 motors. I was surprised how easy it went together becase it already had the cable hook ups and all I did was put on a return helper spring. (green) The bolt hols by the shaft was nice too.

It has much better bottom end but the Gov cuts in early and theres little top end Soooooo how did you guys mess with the Gov with de-stocking it for warranty? Did you just disconnect the rod and springs?

Anyway, not the old school look I like but it didn't look as bad as I thougt,,, well one side anyway. :rolleyes5: Still alot to do before paint and I need to get rid of that $#@*^ cluch noise and the $%(&* brake keeps dragging and moves around after a few pulls.

The sprocket is welded on and closer to the wheel than standard bolt ons but thats going to be a whole thread by itself! :eek:ut: GTO

Happy B-day Hent.

I like the way that fender is right next to the front wheel. It's made perfectly for it.
Yeah, I never thought of it untill now but I would have to stick with the same style tire. What about the gov? I know you played with this brand engine. Thanks GTO

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I usually remove the complete govenor setup from the inside. But I have seen Joe's just hook up the govenor cable to pull backwards as you throttle. Or a easier way would be to put a spring onto the govenor cable and have it pulled back all the time.