First rupp re-build

Look in my photos as i can't seem to move them from there to here. The 66 Cont. fuel tank is missing,but i'm fabbing one right now. I know it's not CORRECT, but its my first.BY all means be critical. It's the only way i'll
improve.The next one is the purple rupp frame in one of the photos.I believe its a 69 tt500.
Ole Pete

I know...Starting to wonder the same thing myself.Saw them on a few correct rupp photos and like it.So i fabricated this one out of alum.May be it'll protect the grandkids legs???MAKES a hell of a good tie down spot.
thanks
pete

Well Pete, I'm just not feeling the love for them my self. I believe they are over sized, both diameter wise and dimensionally. If you have a lot of dead boats around, may I suggest snagging a grab rail off of one. I believe they are 7/8 o.d. and should be about right. Since you can fab aluminum, I'm guessing you can handle stainless. When I look at your bike, I'm immediately drawn to the bars instead of the bike as a whole. You do get kudo's for thinking safety for your grandkid's. :thumbsup:

That is why i'm happy i got on this forum. Great advise and ideas.The boat rail thing was something i had not thought of.I'm working on my 69 tt500 are 350 ??? Any way i'll start hunting up boat rails.
thanks
pete

Screw the grand kids, that rail will help protect that nice vintage bike while they are riding it. The kids will heal but this bike is a classic :thefinger: