First time build. DB30.

Hello all,
Been readding and watching videos on youtube about mini bikes for about a year and finally took the plunge. 80 dollars later I own a pretty beat up Dirt Bug.
Still deciding a lot on the build, I'm not sure what direction to take. Definitely want to go with a Predator 212. I'm not sure if I want to go with a truck bed liner paint job (like a rat/survival motorcycle), or something nicer like a metallic orange. The metal is in good shape with only surface rust as far as I can tell.ha
As far as riding, I want to go with an all around set up until I figure out what I use it for... Sorry I'm so vauge! Lots of reading to do.ha
Anywho, little bit about myself, had a motorcycle for a daily driver for 4 years-96 Suzuki bandit 600. Grew up working on cars, so I have moderate mechanical abilities, but no experience welding. Anywho, looking forward to learning more about this rad hobby. I'm planning on disassembling this weekend, and reading a lot in the next few weeks. Let me know if you have any suggestions or anything you would redo on your own builds! I will be using the search bar I promise!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction!

Step 1 would be get it running; from there you will find where the bike falls short in expectation. IMO the best way to plan out the build is to determine what the bike will be used for. After that the possibilities are endless :freakout:

Greetings..True that..i always see where i will ride it then think of tire and gearing..I'd say big NO on bed liner paint that stuff thick and chips off..if i wanted rat look i go flat black.. cheers

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Believe it or not, my first mini bike build and I come from a slightly similar background. Sky's the limit with these things. Just depends on your imagination and budget. I strongly recommend either a split sprocket adapter and smaller sprocket or a 14t clutch as those things can be wheelie machines with their stock rear sprocket and standard 12t clutch on a Predator. Welcome to the highly addictive fun.

Stitch

Hey Azooscott,
That's some great advice right there. These guys have seen it all, done most of it. And yes, the sky is the limit!
Chain Linkin is right on, decide what you want to use it for and go from there.. Do a Google search for Dirt bug, DB30 or Doodlebug Mini bikes and you will see mild to outrageous examples! Here is my latest build that I started with a basket case..
Have fun, you will be addicted for sure!

01313_j1eYh6b1Xby_600x450.jpg
BARS_ON.jpg