Flexo on eBay

I told a couple of members about it. The seller did not want to ship or take Paypal. Because it was only $185 and I didn’t want some kid to ruin it forever I called the guy told him what it was and if he wanted to sell it I would pay his asking price. I knew it was more valuable because I had seen the one at OldMiniBikes but couldn’t remember the name so I asked. I did tell the seller what it was. He bought it at an estate sale to flip so was fine with his asking price. So are you posting this thread because are sad it is being flipped? I told Randy about it and that if he would go get it we would be partners on it. Maybe we should have pretended that we were going to restore it then straighten it and grind it a little and waited to sell it. But we were honest from the get go. Since the previous seller was never going to ship it you never would have gotten it. Now you at least have a chance. If you don’t want it don’t bid.if it doesn’t do the reserve then we will either part it out or sell it to the local offer we got.either way,what’s the issue?

I told a couple of members about it. The seller did not want to ship or take Paypal. Because it was only $185 and I didn’t want some kid to ruin it forever I called the guy told him what it was and if he wanted to sell it I would pay his asking price. I knew it was more valuable because I had seen the one at OldMiniBikes but couldn’t remember the name so I asked. I did tell the seller what it was. He bought it at an estate sale to flip so was fine with his asking price. So are you posting this thread because are sad it is being flipped? I told Randy about it and that if he would go get it we would be partners on it. Maybe we should have pretended that we were going to restore it then straighten it and grind it a little and waited to sell it. But we were honest from the get go. Since the previous seller was never going to ship it you never would have gotten it. Now you at least have a chance. If you don’t want it don’t bid.if it doesn’t do the reserve then we will either part it out or sell it to the local offer we got.either way,what’s the issue?

Just spreading the word. I know a lot of members want one. And as far as issues go, which I didn’t mention on the previous post because everyone has an opinion but since you asked; prices speak for themselves, mostly if it’s a fellow OldMiniBikes member purchasing it! And no I didn’t want it I already have 5 of them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because [MENTION=1]Hent[/MENTION] has one and everyone wants to be like him...
LOL...:laugh: I'm glad you guys did well on that... Silver lining here is that everybody wins, and at that price the buyer is obviously serious about doing something with it rather than going to someone who doesn't know what it is and letting sit in a shed somewhere...

So someone wants it why ??
Those bikes were iconic in the development of the mini bike craze in the "hey day."

In this case, the bike was purchased by a friend. I sent him an email on it as soon as I saw it listed. He bought a couple of the bikes I've restored, including a Flexo, and has a nice collection of vintage bikes.

I don't think questioning the purchase of someone is relative to what we are about here. What someone pays pretty much answers all of the questions to those with whom it matters. :thumbsup: "It's worth what someone will pay for it," isn't that what we always say?

I think the most impressive part of that bike is the size and look of it. I dont think it would have the same look if it were a bigger bike if that makes sense. The one Hent has definitely has that vintage look. I am sure the purchaser is going to do this one justice. Even if he only bought it to finish another one. I am sure the enjoyment of “ bringing this one back to life” is worth the price to him... I wonder what the first owner felt like when he rode it for the first time.