Flexo

NICE paint! What's going on with those tabs in front of the jack shaft mounts? Flat engine plate? Also, the seller should do the friggin dishes, or at least take the time to crop the photo:D

Last edited:
I see them now. I didn't notice in the photo. Probably something that was added and should of been cut off. I cut over 20 add-ons off my Flexo. Lol I think I know the owner of that Flexo.

That's a great looking little bike. Beautiful color. That blue seems to really make that chrome "pop". If I ever live long enough to do a build, I'd probably go with a similar color. And needless to say, if someone elected to cut-off those "tabs", you'd want to be sure to get that paint code before getting started. BTW, does anybody know what year that is? If it's around 69, then markus might have "the" motor for that baby. I might be starting to fall in love. (ha)

sonerenos

those "TABS" are the difference between a big bear scrambler and a super scrambler.

the tabs between jack shaft and engine pate means its a super scrambler and came with a 4 cycle Briggs engine.

the smaller frames had the jack shaft tabs but up to the engine plate which was slightly slanted and had a 2 cycle engine.

the smaller ones are more sought after

sonerenos: Thank you for educating us. As many times as I've personally looked at these bikes, this is something I never really noticed. Is this site great, or what? BTW, Karen's pic seems to suggest that even the small frames would accommodate a Tecumseh.....correct? Also, I assume the wheelbase must (obviously) be a bit longer on the blue bike. I suppose that could add a bit more stability at speed........just not as "cute". (ha)

Lizardking

those "TABS" are the difference between a big bear scrambler and a super scrambler.

the tabs between jack shaft and engine pate means its a super scrambler and came with a 4 cycle Briggs engine.

the smaller frames had the jack shaft tabs but up to the engine plate which was slightly slanted and had a 2 cycle engine.

the smaller ones are more sought after
Gold nugget of information right there..

I was passing though Ontario to Desert Hot Sptings yesterday. Stopped and bought the Blue flexo. It’s been powder coated and he threw in a throttle, brake lever, cables, jack shaft and some sprockets. I had one years ago with an AH58 engine but sold it. I currently have a Clinton A400 that I rebuilt ( it’s been hanging in my garage on display ) and never had anything to put it on so it’s going on the Flexo frame. I know the combination isn’t original but it will have to do.

4A7772BA-C4E6-49E9-8FDC-EF37BE4DE52D.jpeg

Last edited: