flexo

delray

looks like a small block briggs would fit better then a big block 5hp.........:shrug: you said they came with 5hps? do you have any good pic's, the small blocks look tight?
your seats look nice jtg.......:thumbsup:

JTG

Del, All of the Flexo mini bikes were painted Iridescent Blue. Iridescent blue is kind of a turquoise color that allegedly changes colors in the sun light. I've included a picture of a Flexo go kart painted Iridescent Blue to give you an idea of the color.

I've also included a picture of my kickstand.

Tracy I agree it looks like the motor will fit without jacking the top tube....but you have to admit that brochure shows a definite bow to the frame :shrug:

Those seats look awesome by the way....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just finished up my WB820 powered Scrambler this week....it still wears it's original Iridescent Blue paint...I'll be posting up some pics tonight if I can....

Nice score Del :thumbsup: Looks alot better than the one I pulled from the wood pile :thumbsup: I remember reading here somewhere that they also came in emerald green :shrug:

Neck

Growing up is optional
One O these days I'm gonna find one. I got these two West Bend 580's that would go just right (one of them anyway) on one!

JTG

Del, Here is the picture of the Super Scrambler with the 5hp Briggs taken from a 1969 Mini Bike Guide test review.

delray

thanks jtg for posting that.......:thumbsup: even in one of the photos it looks like the top frame rail is raise little.

These are cool pictures....that 5 horse actually looks pretty good in there, and I bet the gold/copper motor against the blue frame was dynamite.

Hahaha...they weren't too keen on that clutch whirling around and inch from your ankle..!!

I still can't believe it fits....is it possible they made a slightly taller frame for these...?

I wonder what that tag on the back of the seat said...??.:detective:

Last edited:

JTG

The Super Scrambler was 1 1/2 inches larger than the Big Bear Scrambler which allowed the 5hp to fit. On both models the spark plug is less than an 1/2 inch away from the top frame rail (pretty scary).

I think the tag on the back is the same one that is pictured on the Flexo tee shirts sold on ebay (see pic).

I think the tag on the back is the same one that is pictured on the Flexo tee shirts sold on ebay (see pic).
Yeah that's what I thought it might be......man that would be cool to find one of those.

Well I never knew the Super Scrambler frame was taller....learned something new again.

So just eyeballing Delray's....looks to be a Super.

delray

jtg
The Super Scrambler was 1 1/2 inches larger than the Big Bear Scrambler which allowed the 5hp to fit.
i had a 1969 3hp briggs sitting in it today until you posted that info,so i went ahead and thru a big block under it and it fits just like the brochure picture does. looks like i have one of them rare big block model bikes.
here is one thing i have notes too is on the jackshaft plates. extra piece of steel plate on the front. looks like only the big blocks models have this or i should say the super scramble have?

jtg, in the brochure pictures can you tell if that is the copper or silver on the engine?

jtg
...... one thing i have notes too is on the jackshaft plates. extra piece of steel plate on the front. looks like only the big blocks models have this or i should say the super scramble have?
That is interesting that extra piece of steel I didn't notice it before.....I just noticed the spark plug is actually higher than the frame....JTG is right, looks scary......that clutch guard is doing nothing....seems Flexo was all about going fast, safety be damned!!