Flo Jet Carb Repair & Rebuilding

Lizardking

Spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid in the carb and if it starts then you know its not getting enough gas. Stuck float maybe?

LizardKing,

Thanks - yeah... been spraying fluid with just maximum 4 pop-pop-pop-pops... :) Checked plug gap @ .030.. rebuilt carburetor, free float, etc.. probably going to raise a fuel supply so it gets a lot of gravity feed to determine if fuel is flowing...plug is never real wet when I pull it.. maybe a hint there... new magnetron/ replaced points..motor is like new...

Odd thing, it pops the most (4-pops) when I first attempt to pull the cord, after several pulls, it stops popping - like its flooded or such however, no wet plug or drip-drips out of carburetor bottom

Lizardking

LizardKing,

Thanks - yeah... been spraying fluid with just maximum 4 pop-pop-pop-pops... :) Checked plug gap @ .030.. rebuilt carburetor, free float, etc.. probably going to raise a fuel supply so it gets a lot of gravity feed to determine if fuel is flowing...plug is never real wet when I pull it.. maybe a hint there... new magnetron/ replaced points..motor is like new...

Odd thing, it pops the most (4-pops) when I first attempt to pull the cord, after several pulls, it stops popping - like its flooded or such however, no wet plug or drip-drips out of carburetor bottom
Did you confirm good spark? Did you preset the adjustments on the carb? Still sounds like fuel problem from your description. Have someone spray in the carb as you pull start to see if you can keep it running.

Last edited: