Flush crankcase with kerosene?

I am about to replace the cylinder and piston on a Sachs 50 motor after breaking a ring. The guy I got the parts from (Bob Fragoman) said to flush the crankcase with kerosene. Has anyone done this before? Do I need to lube it back up with 2 cycle oil afterwards?

Joe H

I have always used gas oil mix just like what I run to flush the crank area out.
Nice part about these little motors is there so easy to turn differnt ways to get it flushed out.
I would think kerosene would work just fine and is a bit safer. and I wouldnt worry to much about lube roller bearings need very litte lube and kerosene does have a bit of lube to it. Or do the kerosene then just a quick rinse with some 16:1 premix once the gas evaporates it will be oliy.

I have always used gas oil mix just like what I run to flush the crank area out.
Nice part about these little motors is there so easy to turn differnt ways to get it flushed out.
I would think kerosene would work just fine and is a bit safer. and I wouldnt worry to much about lube roller bearings need very litte lube and kerosene does have a bit of lube to it. Or do the kerosene then just a quick rinse with some 16:1 premix once the gas evaporates it will be oliy.
Ok , thanks. I flushed with kerosene and seemed to work great.