Flywheel Interchangeabllity between as hs40 and an hs50

ELT

I'm wondering if the flywheel and ignition is interchangeable between the hs40 and hs50? I want to swap the lighted system from the hs40 to the hs50.

markus

depends on year/version of engine/s If the tapers are the same between the 2, yes. If the shrouding is different than the shrouding should also be changed for proper fitment and air movement.

ELT

depends on year/version of engine/s If the tapers are the same between the 2, yes. If the shrouding is different than the shrouding should also be changed for proper fitment and air movement.
Both are points type ignition so they should interchange?

mustangfrank

Both are points type ignition so they should interchange?
Not necessarily if one is later 81-84 (ish) points and one is pre 81 points. Just verify the that the tapers match like Markus said, you can compare the flywheel nut and the thread end of the crank for size difference, those changed with the taper change.

ELT

Does your blower housing have the studs for the pull start? Otherwise i think there might be clearance issues with the flywheel fins.
Yes it does. This is going in a roadster2 and the parts I swapped came off the origonal engine. The flywheel main bearing was badly gauled on that engine so I couldn't repair it.

if its from the same gen engine should work fine like if they both come from an engine with points and condencer or if they both came off an engine that dont use points and condenser that might be the only clearance issues i could think off